tame 03 YZ450F for woods, rekluse

5 replies to this topic
  • chris023

Posted January 22, 2007 - 07:45 PM

Trying to tame my 03 YZ450F for the woods. reinstalled the stock exhaust (had Pro Circuit Ti race system) and now I'm going to install a Rekluse clutch. how much extra weight does the rekluse add to the flywheel, 3oz?
Also how much heavier is the 05 YZ450F vs the 03 YZ450F? Considering that option if the rekluse doesn't do it.

thanks.

• Fastest1

Posted January 23, 2007 - 02:48 PM

Dont do anything but the Rekluse yet! You might have to gear down a tooth or 2 if it is tight but that is it. I cant imagine a need for any weight.

• YZ426F Rider

Posted January 23, 2007 - 03:06 PM

Dont do anything but the Rekluse yet! You might have to gear down a tooth or 2 if it is tight but that is it. I cant imagine a need for any weight.

I agree.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blue9red9

Posted January 23, 2007 - 03:48 PM

I've got an 03 with a 6oz weight. It would be good for the woods. No stalling and the hit is bad ass but not really like it was. 3oz may do the same. No more than 6 would be needed judging by mine.

• 642MX

Posted January 23, 2007 - 04:49 PM

I think I read somewhere that the Rekluse adds 6 oz of flywheel weight.

• grayracer513

Posted January 23, 2007 - 08:18 PM

The Rekluse may add that much weight, but it won't add the same inertia mass to the crankshaft as an extra 6 oz of flywheel because it spins at about 40% of crankshaft speed.

I run an 8 oz. Dr. D on my '03, and it adds nothing but rideability and subtracts nothing from the bike's power. If anything, it accelerates harder because of the better bite.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.