Anyone running the Boysen Quickshot?

25 replies to this topic
  • MacJammer

Posted January 27, 2007 - 11:16 AM

I weigh 220lbs. one of my ridding buddies weighs a buck sixty. We both ride '06 YZ450's. We race, switch bikes, race again. The two bikes run exactly the same. So my 2 cents echoes everyone elses. My budy spent 80 on a quickshot I spent 80 on a skid plate and we both somehow got the same boost in usable power. I would go with the skid plate.

• password

Posted January 27, 2007 - 07:11 PM

I have a boyesen pump cover and I fell no gain and still have the slight bog.
For the ones saying the power nows are worth it they are junk at less you ride woods. They take about 2hp off top end.
If your looking for performance buy a boyesen water pump kit for $160-$180. It lets the motor rev up faster and is felt and also can lower temps by as much as 30 degrees.

• twenty34

Posted January 27, 2007 - 07:33 PM

James, so are you saying for an 06 YZ450, the quickshot won't help? I was trying to decide on either getting this or doing the AP mod...

thanks...

I did the AP mod and wasn't impressed. In fact, I went back to stock as it was bogging off idle and didn't notice any improvement. I even went to a 65 leak jet. Stock is 55. or 45 to 55..I forget

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2wheels-drz

Posted January 28, 2007 - 03:37 AM

The Quickshot is an accelerator pump cover. It's primary original intent was to increase the volume of the charged pump reservior, and to increase the refill speed of the pump so that a second or third or whatever successive pump discharge was more available. This was an issue with some of the older FCR's but isn't really a problem anymore, so it basically does nothing on a newer bike except make your wallet lighter.

It does not and cannot alter the strength, volume, or timing of the pump discharge, and so, affects nothing related to throttle response.

Black feather.

100% agree with that:thumbsup: ...... with my 400 i always a little bit of bog coming out of a few supermoto turns, now that i have my new 04, this has disappeared completely. so the newer FCR's have it sorted.:ride: so unless u carry ur wallet when riding, it ain't gonna make any difference.....

• Ga426owner

Posted January 28, 2007 - 08:45 AM

I spent 89 on a quickshot for my 03.....it gave a little better throttle response:thumbsup:

I will sell this to anyone...because I am sending my 03 carb to zipty for a Carb mod....that is 100.00 and blows the Quickshot theory and reality away:excuseme:

• steve_97060

Posted January 28, 2007 - 11:33 AM

I did the AP mod and wasn't impressed. In fact, I went back to stock as it was bogging off idle and didn't notice any improvement. I even went to a 65 leak jet. Stock is 55. or 45 to 55..I forget

I guess I'll have to wait until I hear more feedback from people who have sent their carbs into zipty, sounds like this might be the mod to do for a good price...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.