Whats with my Michelin

I have a michelin m12 on the front of my 03' WR450. So I looked today at the front tire after I came in from riding and saw that 5 knobs were ripped off on one side. Has this happened to anyone else with this tire?

What did you have your tire pressure set at. I have ripped knobs off a tire when I went too many psi in the tire. Is your guage accurate?

I like this tire and have never seen this issue before.

jeff

I have a michelin m12 on the front of my 03' WR450. So I looked today at the front tire after I came in from riding and saw that 5 knobs were ripped off on one side. Has this happened to anyone else with this tire?

I've never had a problem with the m12 front tire on my bike. I hated the m12rear, went to the s12 rear and have been happy with that combo. Time for a new tire. Most people run front tires too long anyway, including me!

What did you have your tire pressure set at. I have ripped knobs off a tire when I went too many psi in the tire. Is your guage accurate?

I like this tire and have never seen this issue before.

jeff

I'm running 10 psi. How many should I have in it?

How old is the tire?

Do you wash your bike with coin op car wash detergents?

What type of terrain were you riding in?

Knobs start to rip off with time. If a tire is ridden much over a year the rubber can become brittle. This can be accelerated if you use detergents from coin op car washes as they can deteriorate rubber. Simple Green has also been known to cause this problem. If you were riding in cold temps you also increase your odds of losing knobs. These statements hold true of most tires regardless of brand.