Whats with my Michelin

8 replies to this topic
  • CaseyWR450

Posted January 22, 2007 - 04:23 PM

I have a michelin m12 on the front of my 03' WR450. So I looked today at the front tire after I came in from riding and saw that 5 knobs were ripped off on one side. Has this happened to anyone else with this tire?

• CaseyWR450

Posted January 22, 2007 - 05:32 PM

Nobody else has had this problem?:lol:

• buzzgrizz

Posted January 22, 2007 - 05:43 PM

the ktm i think has that front tire and afew have ripped off but not like urr talking about wr.

• oregon_rider

Posted January 22, 2007 - 05:54 PM

I have a michelin m12 on the front of my 03' WR450. So I looked today at the front tire after I came in from riding and saw that 5 knobs were ripped off on one side. Has this happened to anyone else with this tire?

What did you have your tire pressure set at. I have ripped knobs off a tire when I went too many psi in the tire. Is your guage accurate?

I like this tire and have never seen this issue before.

jeff

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trailordune

Posted January 22, 2007 - 06:00 PM

I've never had a problem with the m12 front tire on my bike. I hated the m12rear, went to the s12 rear and have been happy with that combo. Time for a new tire. Most people run front tires too long anyway, including me!

• MN_Paul

Posted January 22, 2007 - 07:05 PM

That very thing happened to my front s12. I am running about 10-12 psi.

Paul

• CaseyWR450

Posted January 23, 2007 - 03:29 PM

What did you have your tire pressure set at. I have ripped knobs off a tire when I went too many psi in the tire. Is your guage accurate?

I like this tire and have never seen this issue before.

jeff

I'm running 10 psi. How many should I have in it?

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted January 23, 2007 - 07:51 PM

How old is the tire?

Do you wash your bike with coin op car wash detergents?

What type of terrain were you riding in?

Knobs start to rip off with time. If a tire is ridden much over a year the rubber can become brittle. This can be accelerated if you use detergents from coin op car washes as they can deteriorate rubber. Simple Green has also been known to cause this problem. If you were riding in cold temps you also increase your odds of losing knobs. These statements hold true of most tires regardless of brand.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted January 24, 2007 - 09:30 PM

Knobs get ripped off of knobby tires. It's just a fact of life.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.