SSR forks

10 replies to this topic
  • racert17

Posted January 22, 2007 - 04:02 PM

Can anyone tell me what the inverted forks and brakes are like on a SSR race series bike? How do they compare to other inverted forks and brakes out there on other models..pitster etc

• ridered55

Posted January 22, 2007 - 09:08 PM

Brakes are good ( although rear draggs a little) Forks have potiential to be very good but, they are way to stiff out of the crate. A re-valve is needed because the clickers dont do much "adjusting" ( due to crappy factory valving) This is acurate information- hope this helps...

• stlwalnut

Posted January 24, 2007 - 02:49 PM

Changing the fork oil made a world of difference in my ssr forks. 100cc of 10wt in each leg made the clickers actually make a noticable difference. Forks also become way plusher.

• theyouthahead

Posted January 26, 2007 - 02:51 PM

can you buy the forks that come on the higher end ssr bikes cheap?

• speedo241

Posted January 27, 2007 - 05:16 AM

Changing the fork oil made a world of difference in my ssr forks. 100cc of 10wt in each leg made the clickers actually make a noticable difference. Forks also become way plusher.

:ride: I used 100cc of 15wt oil in mine and there really good.The clickers work now you can tell a difference with quality oil.Great forks at a decient price.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • speedo241

Posted January 27, 2007 - 05:20 AM

can you buy the forks that come on the higher end ssr bikes cheap?

Yes if you look around you can get them cheap.There was a guy on pm that was selling a pair complete cheap.Also keep a eye out on 50 riders I have seen them on there aswell.Good luck

• DirtBikeDude409

Posted January 27, 2007 - 08:53 AM

yeah I would think that the stock fork oil is junk in the SSR's as well as the ret of them.

• KINGSPADEFIDDYS

Posted June 03, 2007 - 05:42 PM

You Can Do Any Upgrade You Want To The Staggs Forks That Come On The Ssr / But If You Ride On A Track With Good Jumps, You Will Break The Dampining Rods And The Fork Will Over Extend Any Time The Front Wheel Comes Off Of The Ground. You Will Need To Space The Springs To Pro Long The Forks Life, But They Will Break Again.

• thejunkman

Posted June 03, 2007 - 07:00 PM

Hmm... I have never had any problems with my SSR inverted forks I have had them almost 2 years. Religious oil changes of 110cc of 7.5wt oil. I have never broken a thing and they do get a work out.

• trhine3

Posted April 09, 2008 - 12:13 PM

mine leak oil out of the adjustment knob any suggestions on how to fix??

• chirorider

Posted April 09, 2008 - 01:12 PM

You Can Do Any Upgrade You Want To The Staggs Forks That Come On The Ssr / But If You Ride On A Track With Good Jumps, You Will Break The Dampining Rods And The Fork Will Over Extend Any Time The Front Wheel Comes Off Of The Ground. You Will Need To Space The Springs To Pro Long The Forks Life, But They Will Break Again.

Exactly where do you get this information?? I have Staggs forks on my midsize and I definitely jump it and I am not a little guy. Not to mention that Pitsters came with staggs forks until this year(and the current gpx looks strangely similar) and I have not heard of such failures.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.