FMF powercore 4

6 replies to this topic
  • steed2

Posted January 22, 2007 - 03:48 PM

Well i picked up my pipe today looks really nice im going to put it on the bike this weekend .....i wonder how its gonna sound

• rebelventurer

Posted January 22, 2007 - 04:31 PM

LOUD, then louder, then will blow out the spark arrestor screen! :lol:
On the upside it will make more power than the stocker, but so will a straight pipe, which is what it sounds like after a couple thousand miles! Oh and when the isolator strap either melts or falls out it will rattle like crazy! Oh, welcome to TT

• Mescalero

Posted January 22, 2007 - 08:33 PM

They make a quiet core insert that shuts it up without choking it too much.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TREADMARKS

Posted January 23, 2007 - 04:31 AM

I got about 150 hours on mine and it still sounds sweet.

• steed2

Posted January 23, 2007 - 05:19 AM

well it says to repack every 30 hrs. i can imagine if u didnt maintain it it will give u issues ...maybe thats what happened to rebelventurer???.

• 2000 xr650r

Posted January 23, 2007 - 01:44 PM

I also have one and the insulator strap melted/fell out and when i discovered it the can had a nice wear mark from the clamp rubbing. The strap design is very poor. Why not weld a tap on like procircuit T4? It also leaks. Other than that i think it sounds pretty good.

• oldchvytrx

Posted January 25, 2007 - 09:47 AM

LOUD, then louder, then will blow out the spark arrestor screen! :ride:
On the upside it will make more power than the stocker, but so will a straight pipe, which is what it sounds like after a couple thousand miles! Oh and when the isolator strap either melts or falls out it will rattle like crazy! Oh, welcome to TT

<<<<<>>>>>
I agree rebelventurer. I'm not a big fan of FMF 4 stroke pipes off the race track. Most of the sancioned group trail or dual sport rides around here a lot of FMF's fail sound check for just the reasons you give. Screens missing from the spark arrestors or just plain tooo loud because the packing doesn't last very long.:ride:
I've installed quite a few and had to do repairs on many of them. They do seem to make real decent HP though!
:ride: :applause: :naughty:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.