DNA Wheelsets

38 replies to this topic
  • mn519

Posted January 24, 2007 - 10:44 PM

Let me know so I know what kind of deal he'll give me... LOL

I'm riding with him Saturday so I'll be busting his balls on pricing too.:ride:

Here is a set on Erics ride. A little bright for me but it draws a crowd in the staging area.

Posted Image

ok bust him down to $600 shipped to mn, i will wait until monday to call :ride:

• MikeDD

Posted January 24, 2007 - 11:02 PM

I talked to him a few days ago and he quoted me $700 too. $600 makes me wanna buy a set. He said in a few months they will come with wave rotors included. What I want to know is if the rotors use the same bolt pattern as the stock ones so I can just swap them out. Anyone know?

• mxvet90

Posted January 25, 2007 - 02:27 PM

Rotors are the same bolt pattern. I chose not to use the new rotors that came with the wheels but put my wave rotors on them.

• BOLT Performance

Posted January 25, 2007 - 02:41 PM

Have any of you guys checked with ThumperTalk Store to see if they sell them too ? They always have kick butt prices !

• MikeDD

Posted January 25, 2007 - 09:23 PM

Rotors are the same bolt pattern. I chose not to use the new rotors that came with the wheels but put my wave rotors on them.

Ahh nice!

mn519 - Were you able to get a set for 600??

• BOLT Performance

Posted January 25, 2007 - 10:47 PM

Ahh nice!

This is why NO ONE will ever get $600... cause people would go online and blab and cost the guy $100 on every sale.

• MikeDD

Posted January 26, 2007 - 02:11 AM

This is why NO ONE will ever get $600... cause people would go online and blab and cost the guy $100 on every sale.

I am only repeating what was already said. So what if they guy knocks off $100 bucks. It might be better to sell more at $600 than less at $700. For me if the price is $700 plus shipping I'd rather just get a set of excels for close to that.

• BOLT Performance

Posted January 26, 2007 - 03:04 AM

Well if these companies were selling them for $600 the conversation would be the same "Hey tell me when they are $500" and so on... and so on...

I'm just saying that if I was interested in cutting someone a DEAL in my business I wouldn't do it for guys that would be telling 60,000 people on a website...

I know I'm gonna go hammer the guy on Saturday that I know... But if I did get a deal I would keep my trap shut... It's not MY job to decide what he should sell his stuff for and go tell others my deal so EVERYONE then EXPECTS my price.

Bottomline is if you are really in the market a couple of us posted where you can find the wheels and who is selling them so that YOU can call up and get YOUR best deal... Sitting here waiting for someone else to do the leg work and come back and post the results is never gonna get you a deal.

It's just food for thought for anyone looking for a killer deal on wheels or anything else in life for that matter. IMHO

• MikeDD

Posted January 26, 2007 - 11:56 AM

My buddy Eric just started selling these... Tell him Jeff from RIDERS sent you and I said GIVE YOU A DISCOUNT or ELSE !

http://www.fastlinemx.com/

You're the one who told 60,000 people.

What do you think forums are for? You think I bought my last bike without researching where I could get the best deal and who was giving it? Wheels are no different.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mn519

Posted January 26, 2007 - 08:05 PM

Ahh nice!

hey man, first off if you have been following the thread, i was sparring(joking) with Bolt Performance to see what he could get his buddy down too. and that was only a few days ago, this weekend he was goin riding with him and would jab with him and try to get a deal goin. i said i would order a set monday if he could hook it up. well it is not even the end of friday yet.

to the rest of the argument goin on. yes i do believe that we live in a competitve market, and that if people are willing to make deals they will make more sales. To get a name out there, and make alot more sales there is no better way then word of mouth on the internet.

it is better to make 100 sales at $75 profit per set., then to make 25 sales at $175 profit a set.

anyways. i am out of this deal. i will talk to eric as a normal customer and get his feedback on pricing. I already know what i can get any other wheelset for(at cost thankyou) and i will go with whats best for me.

Bolt Performance, i appreciate your help input of the website.

• BOLT Performance

Posted January 26, 2007 - 08:07 PM

You're the one who told 60,000 people.

What do you think forums are for? You think I bought my last bike without researching where I could get the best deal and who was giving it? Wheels are no different.

I'll make sure to tell him tomorrow to give Mike from Hawaii a great deal :ride:

• MikeDD

Posted January 26, 2007 - 09:12 PM

I'll make sure to tell him tomorrow to give Mike from Hawaii a great deal :ride:

Hey, I'm not trying to step on any toes here. I don't uderstand what all the hush hush on the "secret deals". Bottom line is if your friend is going to hook up a better price I would think that posting that would help business reguardless if the price cannot be extended to everyone. I am pretty set on buying excels anyhow but thanks for the hook up.

• tmrider

Posted January 26, 2007 - 09:37 PM

Dealer is 450

• grayracer513

Posted January 26, 2007 - 09:41 PM

Hey, I'm not trying to step on any toes here. I don't uderstand what all the hush hush on the "secret deals".

The problem is that it's simply discourteous to someone who does you a favor by giving up most or all of his profit on a wheel set, or whatever, to disclose the price you got on it. It may bring business to his door, but many of those new customers will turn around and leave empty handed and disgruntled when he rightly tells them he can't afford to sell his stuff to them at that price. That's bad for business, not good for it.

Better to say, "He helped me out big-time. Tell him I sent you and ask him to work something out for you", without disclosing any numbers. Then your friend can make a sale, make some money, and make a customer happy. Everybody wins.

• BOLT Performance

Posted January 26, 2007 - 09:46 PM

The problem is that it's simply discourteous to someone who does you a favor by giving up most or all of his profit on a wheel set, or whatever, to disclose the price you got on it. It may bring business to his door, but many of those new customers will turn around and leave empty handed and disgruntled when he rightly tells them he can't afford to sell his stuff to them at that price. That's bad for business, not good for it.

Better to say, "He helped me out big-time. Tell him I sent you and ask him to work something out for you", without disclosing any numbers. Then your friend can make a sale, make some money, and make a customer happy. Everybody wins.

Thanks for the moment of sanity ! :ride:

• MikeDD

Posted January 27, 2007 - 12:05 AM

My view on business is a little different I guess. I respect everyone’s opinions here at TT. Everyone has been great about helping out and I owe much of my dirtbike knowledge to all of the people on these forums. I would not want to say or do anything to jeopardize that. Thanks for your help.

Aloha,
Mike

• yamahaboy99

Posted January 28, 2007 - 04:32 PM

I have a set of DNA hubs laced up to my excel rims and I have had them for 2 years...No problems what so ever. I got both hubs for 275.00 on ebay a few years back. Spokes for talon hubs will work with these hubs BTW.

• motox5757

Posted December 21, 2007 - 04:38 PM

How are your DNA Wheels doing just ordered a pair?

• todds924

Posted December 21, 2007 - 04:54 PM

lol and gross!! i did a search for "dna" and one of the things that came up was this:

http://www.thumperta...4&highlight=dna

can you believe they actually asked that on here?! icky

sorry to steal your thread.

Really does anyone have any info on the quality of the DNA wheelsets?

I have some first hand experience with the DNA's. I bought a set of black already built wheels at the shop I work at when they first came out. It was an introductory deal and I got the set for 500.00. I raced with them on my 06 yz 450 for a year. No problems......Until i came up short once and flat spotted the rear. The hubs themselves are exact copies of the Talons. Overall the complete wheels with the oversize stainless spokes are heavier than a stock wheel and also heavier than a Talon/Excel set up. I have seen a DNA rim break at the weld but DNA replaced it for free. Overall I would say if the price is right then go for it. I wouldn't mind just getting the hubs and lacing up an excel with some spline drive spokes.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.