DNA Wheelsets

38 replies to this topic
  • MikeDD

Posted January 22, 2007 - 03:51 AM

I have been trying to dig up some info on these DNA wheelsets. My friend mentioned them as being cheaper than usual but didn't know much else about them. I have only found a few threads on here about the wheels being Excel/Talon knockoffs but no input on quality or performance.

http://www.trydna.com/motox-atv.html

Thanks

• mn519

Posted January 23, 2007 - 09:35 PM

I am looking for info also. i called them and they said a set front and rear, any color wheel and hub, including front and rear discs for $700 through the end of the month. Said they are tryin to get thier name out there.

• mn519

Posted January 23, 2007 - 09:42 PM

lol and gross!! i did a search for "dna" and one of the things that came up was this:

http://www.thumperta...4&highlight=dna

can you believe they actually asked that on here?! icky

sorry to steal your thread.

Really does anyone have any info on the quality of the DNA wheelsets?

• BOLT Performance

Posted January 23, 2007 - 09:44 PM

My buddy Eric just started selling these... Tell him Jeff from RIDERS sent you and I said GIVE YOU A DISCOUNT or ELSE !

http://www.fastlinemx.com/

• Sharkbait13

Posted January 23, 2007 - 11:20 PM

Personally I don't ride on anything but Excel's. They're more expensive that's for sure - but I haven't had one problem with them.

I'd rather pay a little more for a stronger grade of aluminum anyday. :ride:

• BOLT Performance

Posted January 23, 2007 - 11:30 PM

Well personally the only wheel I ever bent was an Excel... LOL

• mn519

Posted January 24, 2007 - 07:47 AM

My buddy Eric just started selling these... Tell him Jeff from RIDERS sent you and I said GIVE YOU A DISCOUNT or ELSE !

link doesnt work

• DTYZ426

Posted January 24, 2007 - 08:16 AM

Give this guy a call. His name is Troy. His wheel builds are the best in the business.

http://www.wheellacing.com/index.html

• BOLT Performance

Posted January 24, 2007 - 10:16 AM

link doesnt work

clicky works fine for me...

• warrior86

Posted January 24, 2007 - 10:45 AM

wow, both these places look great and so do the prices. Make me want to order new wheels just for the hell of it. Can either of these companies take out small dings in rims? I have excel rims now but im kinda dissapointed in the durability of them. Not sure if its worth anodizing my stock excels, or selling the stockers and buying a new wheelset.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mn519

Posted January 24, 2007 - 12:20 PM

clicky works fine for me...

yeah works for me now to. must of been the computer i was on.

• mn519

Posted January 24, 2007 - 12:23 PM

wow thanks!! i will be calling Eric this week! We will all see what kind of a deal your name is worth :ride: think they are interested in a sponsorship? or in getting thier name in huge print on my race hauler? it will see the minnesota tracks 30+ weekends this year.

• mxvet90

Posted January 24, 2007 - 02:49 PM

I just bought a set for my 06 yz450 and have only ridden with them twice but they look great. I got the black rims with blue hubs. The spokes are very fat and look like they should hold up well.

• FAiJT

Posted January 24, 2007 - 02:58 PM

:ride: And i live in soneage Sweden so i'll prolly be in late pension before i even get to see them things IRL !

• robsgt

Posted January 24, 2007 - 04:32 PM

Does anyone know if these wheel sets come laced and trued? Just wondering.

• mxvet90

Posted January 24, 2007 - 05:30 PM

Mine were laced, trued and came with brake rotors.

• mn519

Posted January 24, 2007 - 06:09 PM

I just bought a set for my 06 yz450 and have only ridden with them twice but they look great. I got the black rims with blue hubs. The spokes are very fat and look like they should hold up well.

:ride:

what did you pay for them? did you buy them from the link in the thread? could you take some pics please??!!?! Oh and how much was shipping.

I am thinking of blue rim,gold hub. or maybe polished mag hub... or maybe... :ride:

• mxvet90

Posted January 24, 2007 - 06:11 PM

Bought them new off e bay for $675 and shipped for $30.00 I think. There is a set on e bay now for same color and same price.

• mn519

Posted January 24, 2007 - 06:18 PM

Bought them new off e bay for $675 and shipped for $30.00 I think. There is a set on e bay now for same color and same price.

Thanks mxvet90!

• BOLT Performance

Posted January 24, 2007 - 09:44 PM

wow thanks!! i will be calling Eric this week! We will all see what kind of a deal your name is worth :ride: think they are interested in a sponsorship? or in getting thier name in huge print on my race hauler? it will see the minnesota tracks 30+ weekends this year.

Let me know so I know what kind of deal he'll give me... LOL

I'm riding with him Saturday so I'll be busting his balls on pricing too.:ride:

Here is a set on Erics ride. A little bright for me but it draws a crowd in the staging area.

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.