Engine temp - 50 degrees C ok ?

4 replies to this topic
  • 04WR450man

Posted January 22, 2007 - 03:13 AM

I fitted a trail tech vapor at the weekend to my WR426 after everyone recommending them on here, I am very pleased with it but the engine temp only gets to 60 degrees C if idling for a few minutes/riding in tight woods or 50degreesC if riding normally, is this ok, i would have thought it would run hotter than that ? it is only 5-6 degrees here in the UK at the moment so maby in the summer it will run hotter ?

Many thanks

• 04WR450man

Posted January 25, 2007 - 02:37 AM

Any one know if this is ok ? 50 degrees C is about 120 F ???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluemax250

Posted January 25, 2007 - 11:49 AM

Seems a little low, is the sensor on the coolant as it comes out of the engine or the radiators ?

• 450high

Posted January 26, 2007 - 01:18 AM

made up my own electronic temperature guage and mounted it to top of right radiator.Runs 40 to 90 c depending on wether its open trail or stuck on a hill.
hope this helps dave.

• 04WR450man

Posted January 26, 2007 - 03:47 AM

Thanks for your replies :ride:

I mounted it as per instructions, its on the long coolant pipe on the left radiator (if sitting on bike), i thought this was the 'hot' pipe, does anyone know if its supposed to be on the other side?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.