06 yz450f spark arrestor ?

9 replies to this topic
  • gusbob6

Posted January 21, 2007 - 04:52 PM

my son just came home with a brand new 06 450f. He needs a legal spark arrestor ,not to loud .What are my options.End cap ,slip on,etc.I dont want to spend to much.

• ajnewton923

Posted January 21, 2007 - 05:59 PM

i think pro moto billit has one.

• DaveJ

Posted January 21, 2007 - 06:32 PM

my son just came home with a brand new 06 450f. He needs a legal spark arrestor ,not to loud .What are my options.End cap ,slip on,etc.I dont want to spend to much.

You may want to read this.

http://www.norcalmot...ck-exhaust.html

• Ranger18

Posted January 22, 2007 - 08:02 AM

Pro Moto Billet. You can get the end cap with a sparky screen, and a quite core if you want. Also look on ebay for one, I've seen them there for $100

• DaveJ

Posted January 22, 2007 - 11:02 AM

Pro Moto Billet. You can get the end cap with a sparky screen, and a quite core if you want. Also look on ebay for one, I've seen them there for $100

Hey Ranger18,

If you don't mind me asking, are you an actual ranger for the state of california?

If so, I have some questions for you. :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluethundaaaa

Posted January 22, 2007 - 01:09 PM

I just purchased a pmb end cap, sparky, and quite insert. I have yet to put them on as I am doing the winter PM on my bike. I will get to it soon and I am hoping that it gets me to that 96db number as the Idaho City 100 can be kind of strict.....I will let you know when I get it installed. I thought it was a fair deal if it works.

• Idaho_Stas

Posted January 22, 2007 - 04:21 PM

I just purchased a pmb end cap, sparky, and quite insert. I have yet to put them on as I am doing the winter PM on my bike. I will get to it soon and I am hoping that it gets me to that 96db number as the Idaho City 100 can be kind of strict.....I will let you know when I get it installed. I thought it was a fair deal if it works.

FWIW... A buddy of mine ran Idaho City last year on a '06 YZ450F with a PMB endcap and quiet insert on a stock pipe -- so you should be fine.

• Ranger18

Posted January 23, 2007 - 04:26 PM

Hey Ranger18,

If you don't mind me asking, are you an actual ranger for the state of california?

If so, I have some questions for you. :lol:

Sorry, but No I'm not a ranger. I've just got to many numbers and passwords in my head so the last thing I wanted was another screen name. I use the same screen name on all forums, and the first forum I started using was prerunners.net, I am ranger because I have a ford ranger, and 18 because that was my old high school hockey #. I've been thinking about changing my screen name though, any suggestions.
But you can still feel free to ask me questions, I've had plenty of encounters with rangers; most pleasent, and a few not so pleasent.

• markdav801

Posted January 27, 2007 - 10:27 PM

Question...

Is the quiet core an additional piece? Does it come with the unit? Also, is it optional OR is it a must @ Gorman, CA?

Any help appreciated!!

• Ranger18

Posted January 29, 2007 - 07:40 AM

Question...

Is the quiet core an additional piece? Does it come with the unit? Also, is it optional OR is it a must @ Gorman, CA?

Any help appreciated!!

It's an optional piece. That way you can run wide open, with a screen or with a screen and quite core, what ever you want. As far as gorman goes, you might want it. It's been a long time since I've been there because of a few bad experiances with the nazi's(I meen rangers) there. The YZF is pretty quite, but you might want that extra protection. I've been thinking about getting a whole new exhaust, so I might be selling my PMB, but I don't have the Quite core for it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.