2007 Air Filters and cage's

11 replies to this topic
  • dangermouse007

Posted January 21, 2007 - 11:45 AM

Does the Cages and Air filters fit the new 2007 WR's ???

and if not does anybody know the Part No for the 2007 Cages ???

• BIG HAL

Posted January 21, 2007 - 01:25 PM

Does the Cages and Air filters fit the new 2007 WR's ???

and if not does anybody know the Part No for the 2007 Cages ???

Does what cage fit?? What are you askin? Go here http://www.yamahaoft...tion_detail.asp

• dangermouse007

Posted January 22, 2007 - 12:02 AM

Sorry.. 2003-2006 cages, and thas sites does not list 2007 parts yet, nor does any site... Hence the question....

• yamaman1001

Posted January 22, 2007 - 11:56 AM

The part # for the air filter cage on the 03 and up WR 250 and the 04 WR450 and up are the same as the 07 WR 450.

• SXP

Posted January 25, 2007 - 07:56 PM

The part # for the air filter cage on the 03 and up WR 250 and the 04 WR450 and up are the same as the 07 WR 450.

I noticed from your sig that you run the YZ cams in your 07 WR. Any e-starting problems with the YZ cam? How much different is the power delivery?

• yamaman1001

Posted January 25, 2007 - 11:50 PM

The diff was night and day. I did all the mods listed and a couple more and when I take it out I don't even need to use the choke or when hot I never use the hot start, just no throttle when starting. This is my first 4-stroke bike and I wasn't sure I would like it. I have been a die hard 2-stroke guy for a long time. I had a very bad accident road racing and almost lost my left leg. Wanted a bike with electric start as not to stress my other leg and this bike worked out perfect. I am also making it street legal and interchange SM wheels for the street. Nothing but good things to say about this bike...Even checked on the filter problem some people are having but Hawaii gets there Yamaha's direct from Japan and not from Yamaha in the states so no problem with filter...:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted January 26, 2007 - 07:28 AM

The diff was night and day. I did all the mods listed and a couple more and when I take it out I don't even need to use the choke or when hot I never use the hot start, just no throttle when starting. This is my first 4-stroke bike and I wasn't sure I would like it. I have been a die hard 2-stroke guy for a long time. I had a very bad accident road racing and almost lost my left leg. Wanted a bike with electric start as not to stress my other leg and this bike worked out perfect. I am also making it street legal and interchange SM wheels for the street. Nothing but good things to say about this bike...Even checked on the filter problem some people are having but Hawaii gets there Yamaha's direct from Japan and not from Yamaha in the states so no problem with filter...:ride:

So I take it no issues with e-starting with the YZ cam? How much did the cam cost you? Did you use an 07 YZ cam or earlier years (not sure if there's any difference). Thanks.

• yamaman1001

Posted January 26, 2007 - 10:49 AM

06-07 cams on the YZ are same and no hint of problems with e-starting, it is a plus all the way around...

• WR_Dave

Posted January 26, 2007 - 04:11 PM

Sorry to beat this to death ,but did you use both cams or just the exhaust cam? Thanks--WR Dave:excuseme:

• SXP

Posted January 26, 2007 - 05:49 PM

Sorry to beat this to death ,but did you use both cams or just the exhaust cam? Thanks--WR Dave:excuseme:

Good chance the inlet cam is the same on both YZs and WRs (as they have always been).

• yamaman1001

Posted January 27, 2007 - 11:16 AM

Correct, only the exhaust cam is diff.

• SXP

Posted January 27, 2007 - 11:23 AM

Correct, only the exhaust cam is diff.

That YZ cam swap has me intrigued......:ride: ...especially since you said it doesn't seem to impact the e-start....:ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.