06 WR450 dual sport kit

1 reply to this topic
  • eissinger4

Posted January 21, 2007 - 09:51 AM

OK, I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere. I need to dual sport my 06 WR450. I live in Nevada, so I know what equipment I need. I certainly don't want to spend $400 or more, so I want to wire it myself, but I don't know where to start.:lol: In Nevada, the lights don't need to work when the engine is off, so;

Do I need a rectifier?? Can I run the headlight and taillight off of the stock setup without blowing anything?? What circuit do I run the signals and the horn from?? Does the handlebar switch need power, and if so, how do I power it?? I know this isn't a simple process, but any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BIGchiefKODIAK

Posted January 22, 2007 - 09:02 PM

Just buy a eline, trickds, bajadesigns. Just plug and go. Also I read in the handbook lights have to work when bike is not running. I am pretty sure they check that. Say you break down at night you need lights to be visible. Get a handbook tells you everything.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.