05 WR450 fork oil level

1 reply to this topic
  • wr450dazz

Posted January 21, 2007 - 05:28 AM

Hi just about to finish replacing my fork seals on my 05 wr450 and was wonndering if any ones got any foolproof tips on doing the oil level and setup for them besides the standard setup in manual can i use a heavier oil for a rider of around 100kg etc forks were ok before were just leaking due to dirty seal!!!! just want to cover any possible options befor i buy any oil etc!!!
taa:excuseme: :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • waynus

Posted January 21, 2007 - 11:57 AM

Motorex 5 weight as recommended by Terry Hay works for me. Pump them and then fill to the top (to make sure that it gets in everywhere). Then use either a tube or measure to get your level. If it was bottoming before, you can go to the higher end of the scale.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.