Running In a 2007 WR450F

4 replies to this topic
  • LittleJim

Posted January 21, 2007 - 03:15 AM

I am picking my 07 model up on wednesday, and a little unsure of how i should best run it in? I have never had a 4-stroke before, and am sure my usual two-stroke running in procedure of riding the ring of it aint really gonna do it for the big 4-5-0. Also, what sort of oil should i run it, (synthetic/semi-syn. or mineral-or can someone recommend a decent brand type?) and how often should i change it?

Thanks in advance

P.S Bring on the leccy leg!

• Looks450

Posted January 21, 2007 - 03:19 AM

Run fully synthetic oil

and run it in exactly how you plan to ride it, and change oil and filter after first couple of hours

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fullbore4

Posted January 21, 2007 - 03:31 AM

Run regular motor oil for at least 500 miles before using synthetic will not break in properly!

This is an edit: I should have said at least 300 miles.

• CSS9961

Posted January 21, 2007 - 09:43 AM

Make sure you check your air filter to see if it has "the hole". If it does, make sure the dealer knows about it and orders you a new part for free. Make sure you plug the hole if you ride the bike before you get the new part. I pick up mine sometime this week.

• waynus

Posted January 21, 2007 - 11:41 AM

Agree with Looks. it's important in the first 50km to bed the rings in so it doesn't hurt to load the motor to help them seat. Revving is good in bursts. It doesn't hurt to run them in on synthetic, you want the best protection straight away in my opinion. Get yourself a sump magnet and change the oil and filter (and drain plug) after 50km and then again at another 50km and then you're right to go. Replace oil then after every third to fifth ride :lol:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.