oil filter...

11 replies to this topic
  • richardspoof

Posted January 21, 2007 - 12:33 AM

is it possible to buy oil filters in bulk to prevent payin 12 bucks per change, or do they make filters you can clean and reuse?

• driscollms

Posted January 21, 2007 - 06:30 AM

is it possible to buy oil filters in bulk to prevent payin 12 bucks per change, or do they make filters you can clean and reuse?

Check out Dennis Kirk. Filters as low as $3.95.

http://www.denniskir...3&mmyId=8800363

Mark

• Murray Dorward

Posted January 21, 2007 - 09:24 AM

Try Scott they make a stainless steel oil filter, a bit on the expensive side but according to them it stops particals up to three times smaller than the stock filters.

Muz
:lol: :crazy: :confused:

• dangermouse007

Posted January 21, 2007 - 11:39 AM

Stainless Steel all the way.... run one for 2 years now never had a problem.....cheaper in the long run too

• richardspoof

Posted January 22, 2007 - 04:58 PM

do they clean up well?

• DB_Cooper

Posted January 26, 2007 - 05:52 PM

K+n Filters As Well As "emgo" Make Good Semi-cheap Paper Filters. The Scotts Stainless Is Good But You Still Need To Clean It,AND I HATE DIRTY-OILY HANDS.
Now If I Could Only Find $3.00 Air Filters...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted January 26, 2007 - 05:55 PM

I HATE DIRTY-OILY HANDS...

No offense intended, but boy-howdy, did you pick the wrong hobby! OCD and motorsports don't mix that well...SC

• farkawi

Posted January 26, 2007 - 08:10 PM

Nitrile gloves. Buy 'em, wear 'em & toss 'em= clean hands & less toxic stuff absorbed by your thirsty hide for your poor liver to process.

• waynus

Posted January 26, 2007 - 09:38 PM

Nitrile gloves. Buy 'em, wear 'em & toss 'em= clean hands & less toxic stuff absorbed by your thirsty hide for your poor liver to process.

So true. Never heard it put like that. Me, I'm past worrying about it.

• splitpunk

Posted January 27, 2007 - 06:16 AM

motorcycles+ using them+changing oil after every time out= dirty hands. OK, so unless you have an unlimited supply of cash get dirty, working on a bike is half the fun. (most of the time) I have a stainless steel oil filter in all my bikes and the only thing I was told was to be careful how you clean it. I was using contact cleaner and was told that it will eat the rubber seals on the inside. So I was told to use gas. I think that contact cleaner is ok. Either way for $35.00 and countless oil changes still beats $12.00 every weekend. after 3 weeks I am allredy ahead.

• clark4131

Posted January 27, 2007 - 06:31 AM

I use a mason jar full of Coleman white gas. The SS filter goes right in, soaks for about 5 minutes, a little shaky-shake and out it comes, clean as a whistle, no muss, no fuss...SC

• byggd

Posted January 27, 2007 - 07:50 AM

What year is you bike? If it's 03 and up you are paying way too much!

http://shop.thumpert...tCode=TR_140141

http://shop.thumpert...tCode=TR_401493

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.