dull rim?

2 replies to this topic
  • dbehr624

Posted January 20, 2007 - 07:06 PM

Well, i took my bike out to the dunes last weekend, and after riding there, my rear rim is extremely dull. Is there anyway to fix or prevent this? It isnt really a big deal to me, but it is just something that bugs me a little.

And also, i have a wierd bend in my headpipe right under my radiator. I dont know if it is supposed to be that way or not, so if somebody could clarify that for me i would greatly appreciate it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bigcr

Posted January 20, 2007 - 07:11 PM

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do short of stripping the old clear anodizing off and hand polishing it. Then you will have to re-polish it after every trip to the dunes. My brother is going throught the same thing. The dunes are hard on rear wheels.

• mxrider531

Posted January 21, 2007 - 08:30 AM

i guess its like sand-blasting them. I would hate to think what wha all that sand would do to your bike as a whole.think of the bearings. i guess it wouldn't be that bad if you crashed tho'

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.