Give me your opinion on this fender setup.

10 replies to this topic
  • kelleyseiler

Posted January 20, 2007 - 06:40 PM

I changed the height of my fender setup for supermoto street riding.
What do you think?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• CTXr650L

Posted January 20, 2007 - 06:48 PM

looks pretty cool :lol: but wont the tire hit when the suspension compresses? i know you said you did it for street but i think you could compress it that far just letting the front end down from a wheelie.

• frankstr

Posted January 20, 2007 - 07:09 PM

looks pretty cool :lol: but wont the tire hit when the suspension compresses? i know you said you did it for street but i think you could compress it that far just letting the front end down from a wheelie.

I'd have to agree, If anything that fork brace will hit..

:confused: :crazy:

• InTheDirt

Posted January 20, 2007 - 07:14 PM

Looks like you put some work into it...but I don't care for it. If you want it lower, why not mount it on the fork brace???

• oldKTMer

Posted January 20, 2007 - 07:58 PM

I like WHERE it is mounted, just not HOW. As others have stated I think you will have clearance problems. Maybe flip your bracket and mount it to the fork brace as InTheDirt suggested. The fender looks good, the height looks good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • InternalCombustion

Posted January 20, 2007 - 08:12 PM

Nice fabrication. Clean job.

Have you measured your forkbrace-to-fender spacing and compared that to the spec for the front suspension travel? I am concerned with the gap between the fork brace and the fender. If your measurement indicates a potential problem you might consider mounting the fender off of the brace, like suggested earlier.

If there isn't sufficient clearance, a good wheelie (or stoppie) might cause the brace to contact the fender with enough force to push the brace into the tire and you will go down.

You are on the right track, your design may just need a little tweaking.

Nice 'tard, though! I'm partial to the rascals.

• BWB63

Posted January 20, 2007 - 09:53 PM

Way past dangerous. One hard hit and something has to give. I hope when the fender breaks off and goes flying somewhere it doen't cause death, that is if you still have control of the bike.

• rdahl

Posted January 21, 2007 - 12:56 PM

Scrap it.....
.....dangerous design. You can't compete with Honda's engineers. "It's gonna work just like the brake on one of those Razor Scooters"

• RC30

Posted January 21, 2007 - 01:38 PM

Good fabrication, but......................why? :lol:

• kelleyseiler

Posted January 21, 2007 - 03:57 PM

Took all your advice and removed it.

• CTXr650L

Posted January 21, 2007 - 05:36 PM

was just looking at the forks on my old yamaha xt and it has mounting holes on the lower fork tubes to low mount the fender (trial style). maybe try bolting it to the underside of the fork brace... just a thought

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.