Help changing fork seals

4 replies to this topic
  • CaseyWR450

Posted January 20, 2007 - 01:19 PM

My forks are leaking again and it's time to put in new fork seals. In the past I've had someone else do it but I'm going to do it myself this time. Can someone please give me some instructions on how to do this?

• rich1167

Posted January 20, 2007 - 01:29 PM

The manual is a good place to go for how to do it. Pretty straight foward. The only thing I do outside of what the manual says is I leave the forks on the bike. I have no shop vise at home. Here is a shop manual link.

http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drtbk4ever

Posted January 20, 2007 - 02:40 PM

My forks are leaking again and it's time to put in new fork seals. In the past I've had someone else do it but I'm going to do it myself this time. Can someone please give me some instructions on how to do this?

Do a search on this forum for this topic. Somebody had posted a link to a step by step process WITH photos. I have the link saved on my work computer so will post it on Monday if you don't have any success.

• Indy_WR450

Posted January 20, 2007 - 05:27 PM

http://www.thumperfa.../fork_seals.htm

• Oasis_Flame

Posted January 20, 2007 - 07:08 PM

Casey, wear old clothes you will get very oily is my best advice. Use ATF Dextron to flush the forks, hang upside down overnight to drain fully and take your time to get the oil level right. I use a coat hanger with a hook on the end and cut to a certain length to hang into the tube to get my level.

Good luck

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.