Which Tire?

5 replies to this topic
  • CaseyWR450

Posted January 20, 2007 - 10:55 AM

Ok just got my 03' WR450 fixed the other day and decided to give it a ride around. So it was really muddy when i rode and I'm running a Maxxis IT. I thought it was a decent tire until i took it out in the mud. It did not hook up at all.:lol: So I'm thinking about getting a new tire and I've got it narrowed to either the dunlop 952 or the Maxxis SI. What do you guys think? Any other suggestions would also be nice.

• socal_sierra

Posted January 20, 2007 - 11:26 AM

id look into the IRC tires. I run the IRC IX07 or the intermediate. They have giganitc knobs on them and last a long time. Pictures on the internet dont do them justice you gotta see them in person. Or the Michelin S12 is a really good tire. :lol: Up front the best tire ive ever run is the Michelin M12, i wont run any other tire up front.

• CaseyWR450

Posted January 20, 2007 - 11:57 AM

I have the michelin m12 on the front also and it is a great tire. Not going to change it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • socal_sierra

Posted January 20, 2007 - 12:00 PM

I have the michelin m12 on the front also and it is a great tire. Not going to change it.

good choice :lol:

• new2blu

Posted January 21, 2007 - 10:25 AM

Michelin S12--Great in mud and semi-hard terrain and also wears really well.

• dangermouse007

Posted January 21, 2007 - 11:37 AM

Michelin all the way... S12 Front and Rear and Comp 3 and 4 for all that road legal and race stuff.... love em....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.