Winter Pigs

36 replies to this topic
  • lhark

Posted January 28, 2007 - 05:04 AM

Down to 60, hey? It's minus 19F this am, not far from here. Not really motorcycle weather for sure. 60 is a pretty warm morning here in northern Minn, even in mid summer. Makes for a brisk commute to work......enjoy what you have out there guys, it could always be worse.

• oldchvytrx

Posted January 29, 2007 - 02:52 PM

It actually floats pretty good....just need to keep your speed up! :busted:

Posted Image

<<<<<<>>>>>>>
:ride: :ride:
Good answer!
I know a couple of guys from work who race those things on water. A local campground near Buchanan, Mi. used to have an event to run across a pond. Woody and a couple of others show-off by going around the island and back. What a riot.... but I've noticed they sink pretty fast if you try to stop
:ride: :applause: :naughty:

• ringding

Posted January 29, 2007 - 02:59 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

• InTheDirt

Posted February 01, 2007 - 03:25 PM

Finally got my pig back together and out for a ride!

Posted Image

Plan on getting insurance and tags tomarrow. :ride:

• dangerranger21

Posted February 01, 2007 - 04:21 PM

I brought this one back to life... STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION !!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Owyhee

Posted December 24, 2007 - 02:22 PM

Tis the season to bring this thread back from the dead. Here's my 600 in the snow last weekend after getting stuck in a mud puddle.

Score:
Snow-1
Pig-0

Posted Image

"O"

• BBA

Posted December 24, 2007 - 03:12 PM

This pic was taking yesterday. You guys did not say anything about it having to look like winter!:banghead:

Posted Image

• pigryder

Posted December 24, 2007 - 04:27 PM

I had the L out today trying a new tourmaster heated vest and lets say third gear and ice dont mix
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ferdinand

Posted December 25, 2007 - 02:52 PM

Please no!!! B-man say it ain't so!:banghead: :busted: :D

• sbabs

Posted December 25, 2007 - 07:46 PM

I had the L out today trying a new tourmaster heated vest and lets say third gear and ice dont mix
Posted Image

Love that headlight. Looks sweet. How well does it work compared to stock?

• desert4seat

Posted December 25, 2007 - 11:23 PM

snowmobile? yeah I got one.
here it is...just dust it off and press that magic button - and off I go.

Posted Image

• pigryder

Posted December 27, 2007 - 05:16 PM

Please no!!! B-man say it ain't so!:busted: :D :D

no worries buddy my wrist broke its fall, and the bike is alright :banghead:

• pigryder

Posted December 27, 2007 - 05:19 PM

Love that headlight. Looks sweet. How well does it work compared to stock?

sbabs let me just say that headlight is the absolute best money I have ever spent on a bike! For the comparison the stock light would be like a candle and my baja desighns single 8" halogen is like the headlight from a Boeing 747! Yeh its that good! Buy one you'll never regret it!

• sbabs

Posted December 27, 2007 - 09:10 PM

sbabs let me just say that headlight is the absolute best money I have ever spent on a bike! For the comparison the stock light would be like a candle and my baja desighns single 8" halogen is like the headlight from a Boeing 747! Yeh its that good! Buy one you'll never regret it!

So what did it run yo complete for that light?

• scalejockey

Posted December 28, 2007 - 05:58 AM

Hey,Owyhee I almost went out there last weekend.(avatar) Little\gem park. It looks a little snoty. Were going out newyears day EVE monday to Owyhees maybe rabbit creek area come snow or high water. PM me if you'd like to meet us.I'm not a begginer but at least one guy is that's going.

• pigryder

Posted December 28, 2007 - 02:59 PM

So what did it run yo complete for that light?

425.00 shipped to the house, right from Baja Designs. I do warn you though that it is only a single filament so if you need hi/low to pass inspection that might be an issue. But its got so much light that you dont need high :banghead: And the plus on the single filament is that you now have a on/off switch :busted:

• Owyhee

Posted December 28, 2007 - 05:41 PM

Hey,Owyhee I almost went out there last weekend.(avatar) Little\gem park. It looks a little snoty. Were going out newyears day EVE monday to Owyhees maybe rabbit creek area come snow or high water. PM me if you'd like to meet us.I'm not a begginer but at least one guy is that's going.

I'd wager that Little Gem isn't fun on your 650R. There's just not enough room to make riding the bike worthwhile.

Lemme think about going on your ride. I have logistical issues getting my bike anywhere. I'm sneaking off Saturday to ride for a bit and I'll test the water with the wife on Saturday night.

"O"

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.