Need a fact 2007:WR450

11 replies to this topic
  • N1atEcon

Posted January 19, 2007 - 10:56 AM

Does anyone know what the "actual" manufactures claimed HP is for the 2007 WR 450? And if you know is it at the crank or rear whee?. I am in the market for a new toy and the sale rep guessed 40ish. I want specifics not a guess. Thanks

• Kyle Prior

Posted January 19, 2007 - 11:27 AM

I think if you do all the free mods (gray wire, airbox de-baffle, ais removal, and put a yz exhaust on it) it should make the same power as an 07 yz450

• ausgeflippt13

Posted January 19, 2007 - 11:59 AM

Why on earth would you want to know? It'll be around 50. But so will the Hondas and the Sakis and the Zukes. If you can feel a 0-2 hp difference you're Michael Schumacher.

Also, I wouldn't recommend basing vehicle worthiness off of hp. It's all about how that power is delivered. For newer models the Hondas will be more thumpy; the Yamis, smoother. Riding each of the models is the only way you'll know if it's the bike for you.

Who knows, the bike with the highest hp may be the worst one to ride.

</end soap box> :lol:

• N1atEcon

Posted January 19, 2007 - 01:11 PM

Ricky C. Would have been a better example... I want to know because I am trying to decide if I want a 450 EXC or a WR450. Thanks

• ausgeflippt13

Posted January 19, 2007 - 04:45 PM

Again, it's all down to preference. According to:

http://www.motorcycl...eID=3319&Page=5

"The six-speed, 448cc 4-valve engine utilizes similar bore and stoke figures (89 x 72 mm) to generate horsepower and torque figures of 42 hp and 37.5 lb-ft respectively. The EXC was topped only by Yamaha's 43 ponies, but its delivery was very different."

The article should provide a bunch of help. Granted, the WR tested was an '06, but power and delivery should be extremely similar.

I'm telling you, the only way to know what bike is for you is to get out there and ride 'em! :lol:

• CRF45OX

Posted January 19, 2007 - 05:10 PM

the new 07 wr450 can get the power to the ground better than a ktm and it has better handling, before the 07 wr, the ktm 450exc was better.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • N1atEcon

Posted January 19, 2007 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for the link that will help. As for "getting out and riding them" maybe in AZ but here in NV all you can do is sit and touch. A KTM dealership here did start one while i was looking at it. The guy was trying to impress me to get a sale. In fact, it did nothing more than irritate me since we were inside a small shop with metal sides. He was reving this thing to the moon. It was really loud. Any how thanks again.

• Kyle Prior

Posted January 19, 2007 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for the link that will help. As for "getting out and riding them" maybe in AZ but here in NV all you can do is sit and touch. A KTM dealership here did start one while i was looking at it. The guy was trying to impress me to get a sale. In fact, it did nothing more than irritate me since we were inside a small shop with metal sides. He was reving this thing to the moon. It was really loud. Any how thanks again.

Which dealer are you going to? RideNow on W. Sahara? They have one I was looking at, and Im hoping to be able to go back and get it within a couple weeks.

• N1atEcon

Posted January 19, 2007 - 07:05 PM

I am looking at the one at LV motor sports on Craig. I bought a DRZ there and they were great. They asked if I was serious in making a purchase and I said it was up to them to give me a great deal. I got it for 500 under MSRP so I bought it. The Suzuki dealer on Tropicana wanted way more plus all the junk fees, they wouldn't budge so that was that.

• Kyle Prior

Posted January 19, 2007 - 09:23 PM

I am looking at the one at LV motor sports on Craig. I bought a DRZ there and they were great. They asked if I was serious in making a purchase and I said it was up to them to give me a great deal. I got it for 500 under MSRP so I bought it. The Suzuki dealer on Tropicana wanted way more plus all the junk fees, they wouldn't budge so that was that.

Ive found that if I ever have to buy a Suzuki, Kawasaki, or Honda, I will give my business to Carter Powersports over on S. Decatur by the 215..

• N1atEcon

Posted January 19, 2007 - 09:57 PM

They just moved to the 215 location. The other thing that ticked me off about Carter power sports was they kept pushing the service program. I kept saying no thanks I do my own maint. They were telling me i needed a 300 to 500 mile breakin inspection. (Ahh this isn't the space shuttle guys) They wanted 280.00 to check the bolts do the valves oil and air filter. So again I said no thanks I do my own. And they were lying about the valves needing checking at that point. So then the guys goes into the whole your going to void your warranty speal. I got up and left. LV motorsports did none of that B.S. They gave me a good price and sent me a card on my birthday.

• Kyle Prior

Posted January 20, 2007 - 11:52 AM

They just moved to the 215 location. The other thing that ticked me off about Carter power sports was they kept pushing the service program. I kept saying no thanks I do my own maint. They were telling me i needed a 300 to 500 mile breakin inspection. (Ahh this isn't the space shuttle guys) They wanted 280.00 to check the bolts do the valves oil and air filter. So again I said no thanks I do my own. And they were lying about the valves needing checking at that point. So then the guys goes into the whole your going to void your warranty speal. I got up and left. LV motorsports did none of that B.S. They gave me a good price and sent me a card on my birthday.

Yea, I never heard that about Carter before. Good thing, Ill never buy one of thier brand bikes, as I will always be die-hard Yamaha... Ill probably still end up going to RideNow, since I have no desire to drive all the way across town to get the bike (Im in Summerlin).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.