Anyone Have A XR650L Engine Side Cover Laying Around?? (Clutch Side, Broken OK!!!)

10 replies to this topic
  • Boston Mangler

Posted January 19, 2007 - 06:07 AM

Hey Guys

My girl knocked my bike over in the garage the other day and although it didnt "crack" it, the shifter lever went into the engine case and made a very small dent in it. :lol:

I see that no companies offer aftermarket case guards for the XR650L like they do for the DRZ and other bikes. :confused:

I am trying to find if anyone has a spare side cover (broken is ok) that i could use to bring to my local machine shop and have some case guards made from. I mentioned my idea to him and he said if i could get a spare side cover and would be able to give me a much better estimate, etc.....

Anyone have one laying around i could borrow? I will pay for shipping both ways.

If this happens, i will be posting the case guards for sale. If the price is reasonable (under $50 or so), whoever loans me the case will get one for free!

Anyone?? :crazy:

• TARFELE

Posted January 19, 2007 - 03:18 PM

I have one, PM me your address and I will ship it through my UPS account. Better yet email me at tarfele@yahoo.com.

• Boston Mangler

Posted January 19, 2007 - 03:34 PM

PM Sent

Thanks

• rebelventurer

Posted January 19, 2007 - 04:52 PM

I read another thread on this subject and saw a creative solution. Where a guy had cut a piece of thin gauge stainless and epoxied over the case. seamed like a pretty darn good fix, and was very low profile, looked good too!

• Boston Mangler

Posted January 19, 2007 - 05:13 PM

Yes, that will work and your right, it is a damn nice fix!

I am looking for something with a little more coverage though. The underside of my side cover shows some decent dings from a gravel road we were on as well. I am thinking of having a "cover" made that slips over the whole thing. I will post my results.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DockingPilot

Posted January 24, 2007 - 05:04 AM

Any progress on this ? I'd be interested for sure.

• Boston Mangler

Posted January 24, 2007 - 05:31 AM

I got a cover in transit (thank you TARFELE) and will bring it to the machinist when it gets here for a quote.

I will post up my results

Thanks

• DockingPilot

Posted January 24, 2007 - 05:43 AM

OK, I'd be in for 3 when your ready.

• DockingPilot

Posted January 24, 2007 - 12:11 PM

And of course pay for them.

• trxxr

Posted January 24, 2007 - 02:15 PM

I'd be in for 1 if they work out.

• flyin vee

Posted January 24, 2007 - 02:33 PM

Me too!!!! I just replaced mine for a cool $135. I cant believe there is no aftermarket left side case guard. Let us know when it is ready. Kris

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.