Lever Compatability Between XR600 & XR650L

9 replies to this topic
  • Boston Mangler

Posted January 19, 2007 - 05:58 AM

Hey Guys

Looking for some "shorty" Levers for my XR650L

I dont see any listed for the L but i see a bunch listed for the XR600. I know that MOST of the parts on the bikes are almost identical and swappable.

Are the levers? Do the XR600's have the choke on the clutch perch as well?

Thanks

• Boston Mangler

Posted January 19, 2007 - 05:23 PM

Anyone?

• daddyk

Posted January 19, 2007 - 07:21 PM

Short answer, the choke lever is on the side of the carb on XR600,nothing on the handlebars.

• oldKTMer

Posted January 20, 2007 - 08:14 PM

I have been looking for shorties for my L also, in searching parts books it appears most of the xl's and xr's take the same clutch lever but the XR650L brake lever seems to be exclusive to that model, not sure what the difference is but when I find out I will post it.

• Boston Mangler

Posted January 20, 2007 - 08:17 PM

I have been looking for shorties for my L also, in searching parts books it appears most of the xl's and xr's take the same clutch lever but the XR650L brake lever seems to be exclusive to that model, not sure what the difference is but when I find out I will post it.

cool, i just ordered 2 XR600 Moose Shorty levers, i will post up if they fit or not :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRsteve

Posted January 20, 2007 - 10:30 PM

The clutch might be the same, but the brake lever has an extra piece that activates the brake light switch. Without it, I think the brake light would stay on.

• Boston Mangler

Posted January 21, 2007 - 06:52 AM

Gotcha

I will post my results

• bigredxr

Posted January 21, 2007 - 09:08 AM

I just bought a set of extra levers for my 650l and cut them down with a die grinder fitted with a cutting wheel and shapped the ends on my bench grinder. I then painted both because I'm like that.:lol:

• Double_Red_Rolex

Posted May 30, 2012 - 12:50 PM

I know this is an old thread but is there anymore info on this? I did a search about levers and this is the only topic that came up. What I want to do is put an xr600 adjustable brake lever on my xr650L. Does anyone make a xr650L adjustable reach lever?

• jjast

Posted May 30, 2012 - 06:37 PM

ASV makes adjustable reach levers for the XRL...but it doesn't have the adjustable piston part like I think the XR600R does...I have been looking for a front brake lever that can adjust the piston on the master cylinder for a while now with no luck so far...

http://asvinventions...tions/Honda.pdf

Edited by jjast, May 30, 2012 - 06:56 PM.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.