03 wr 450 slip on exhaust pipe

5 replies to this topic
  • bigblockchevelle

Posted January 18, 2007 - 01:34 PM

Hey guys, i do most of my riding on northern michigan trails and Silver Lake sand dunes and was wondering what would be recommended slip on. I am looking to gain a little power and sound while still be legal on the trails (spark arrestor). Also, by retaining my stock header pipe, should i count on still having to rejet with a different slip on or wait and see how it runs? I have heard mention of using a stock yz 450 pipe and was wondering if that is a good option also. This bike is from Canada, so it has the welded in restrictor that cannot be removed like others so keeping this pipe is pretty much not an option. thanks in advance

• BIG HAL

Posted January 18, 2007 - 01:54 PM

Hey guys, i do most of my riding on northern michigan trails and Silver Lake sand dunes and was wondering what would be recommended slip on. I am looking to gain a little power and sound while still be legal on the trails (spark arrestor). Also, by retaining my stock header pipe, should i count on still having to rejet with a different slip on or wait and see how it runs? I have heard mention of using a stock yz 450 pipe and was wondering if that is a good option also. This bike is from Canada, so it has the welded in restrictor that cannot be removed like others so keeping this pipe is pretty much not an option. thanks in advance

Pro Curciut has good one 259.00 Smashers thats what I use.. It comes with a spark arrester screen..

• CaseyWR450

Posted January 18, 2007 - 01:58 PM

I ride an 03 wr450 and have a DR.D slip on and it's awesome. Sounds good, looks good, and gives a good power increase. Great buy.:lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WGP

Posted January 18, 2007 - 02:33 PM

FMF Ti Powercore 4.........

Do a search on this......slips on, instant power, and only $280.

• bigblockchevelle

Posted January 22, 2007 - 05:21 AM

Did you guys have to rejet or no?

• WGP

Posted January 22, 2007 - 07:30 AM

Yep....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.