AIS Question about Kits

18 replies to this topic
  • dangermouse007

Posted January 18, 2007 - 09:59 AM

Hi Guys,

Yammy are now showing the AIS kits (05/06) on Back order, so is anybody running the Thumpertalk AIS kit and if so whats it like, or know of a Yammy Dealer with an AIS kit its for a 05/06, as I will make the 07 mod myself

Thanks

• WGP

Posted January 18, 2007 - 11:50 AM

The TT AIS kits that we all put on our 05's were from "Lowedog". They were machined pieces that worked great as mine are still doing there job.

I would do a search on this forum under " Lowedog, AIS Kit" and PM him if he makes 07 kits.

I looked at the 07 WR at the Dealer and the AIS is WAY different than earlier models, so it will be different.

If you know anybody who has a lathe you could make a kit yourself. All they are is machined plugs that you insert and seal with high temp gasket goo into all the holes you make when you remove that crap. (including Airbox)

• bullybull9

Posted January 19, 2007 - 06:38 AM

I looked at the TT kit and the yamaha kit ,, then looked at what needed to be done , so I went and picked up two 1/4 brass plugs, cut the hoses and a bit of RTV ,, pluged eveything off ,, for $2.89.
And if need be for some reason I can return it back to stock in 5 minutes.

• TheCure

Posted January 19, 2007 - 07:42 AM

You get a YZF adjustable needle and a larger main jet as well as the the throttle stop screw with the GYT kit in addition to the other stuff.

• dangermouse007

Posted January 19, 2007 - 08:21 AM

Hi Again,

Ok can someone give me a Yamaha dealer in the US that will ship to the UK, as I'm finding it hard to get the KIT here..

Thanks

• fLUNX

Posted February 14, 2007 - 12:46 AM

does it already exist for the 2007 model?
fLAVIO

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted February 14, 2007 - 05:14 AM

does it already exist for the 2007 model?
fLAVIO

The US kit number is GYT-5UM93-69-01 for the 2006/2007 WR250F model.
The US kit number is GYT-5TJ93-69-00 for the 2005/2006 WR450F model.

Although Yamaha has promised a kit for the 2007 WR450 is has yet to materialize. This, however, is not really a problem. I purchased and used the kit which includes:
AIS Exhaust Plug
AIS Exhaust Gasket
AIS Exhaust Plug Clamp

AIS Airbox PLug
Vacuum Plug
Jet Needle (adjustable)
Jet Needle Clip (3TJ-14159-40-00)
Throttle Stop - For WR450 (5JG-14591-00-00)
#48 Piolet Jet - For WR450 (4MX-14948-06-00)
Plastic Zip Tie

You can discard the first 3 items (bolded) because they do not fit the '07 WR. Instead, also pick up a block-off plate from a different model (I can't remember which bike offhand...but the Yamaha service guys should know...should) and elongate the holes very slightly (about 1mm each) and using the factory AIS metalic flange gasket, it will bolt right into place perfectly.

Everything else in the kit fits perfectly on the '07 WR450.

-Jay

• kevinrfbhealy

Posted March 13, 2007 - 12:40 PM

hi don't know if you got sorted but i bought one from vickery motorsports. they are a yamaha dealer in denver,colorado...it took about 10 days by post and all in was $60... hope that helps.

• Tough Guy

Posted March 14, 2007 - 06:34 PM

Hi Guys,

Yammy are now showing the AIS kits (05/06) on Back order, so is anybody running the Thumpertalk AIS kit and if so whats it like, or know of a Yammy Dealer with an AIS kit its for a 05/06, as I will make the 07 mod myself

Thanks

I had the dealer install an AIS kit after they uncrated my bike. I also ordered the AIS TT kit it only has the AIS delete parts...The Yamaha kit comes with all new jets and needle too.

Chris

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BuckWR450

Posted March 15, 2007 - 09:59 PM

The AIS kit from Yamaha is only a bandaid for what you really want out of your bike. I went to my local dealer and found out that the kit is nothing more than clamps and plugs for the emisson system. Unless you are very technically inclined, you should have the tech completely remove the system and tune the bike like a YZ. That's the way I had mine done, and it was the best money I've spent since I bought the bike. Now I basically have a YZ with an electric start. :applause:

• Randy Nilles

Posted March 16, 2007 - 04:17 PM

I am having trouble figuring out which hole the main air jet #110 goes in. The directions with the AIS kit are very vague. HELP!!!

Posted Image

Here is a pic of the pilot air jet and the main air jet together. The pilot air jet ( on the right) came from the left hole.

Posted Image

• Chooch68

Posted March 19, 2007 - 08:16 AM

Its the hole on the left. I had the same problem. Yes the shorter one replaces the longer one.

• Chooch68

Posted March 19, 2007 - 08:19 AM

The AIS kit from Yamaha is only a bandaid for what you really want out of your bike. I went to my local dealer and found out that the kit is nothing more than clamps and plugs for the emisson system. Unless you are very technically inclined, you should have the tech completely remove the system and tune the bike like a YZ. That's the way I had mine done, and it was the best money I've spent since I bought the bike. Now I basically have a YZ with an electric start. :applause:

My AIS kit for the 07 came with everything, jets, needle, t-stop, plugs. Complete. Did it myself and now I need to get used to how it runs.

• fLUNX

Posted March 19, 2007 - 02:24 PM

yamaha part number of the kit, do you have it?

regards, fLAVIO

• Chooch68

Posted March 19, 2007 - 05:16 PM

AIS removal kit '07 Wr450F

p/n GYTR5TJ936901

Local shop is selling them for $43.

• Randy Nilles

Posted March 20, 2007 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for your help. It runs awesome.

• smokie

Posted May 05, 2007 - 09:56 AM

Its the hole on the left. I had the same problem. Yes the shorter one replaces the longer one.

Today i tried to replace the longer one (70) with the shorter one (110) but it doesn't fit in the left hole.

Are you sure that i have to fit it in the left hole and not in the right one?

I don't have the AIS removal kit. In Greece the bike comes with an upgrade kit from Yamaha. No installation instructions included.

Thanks

• antigrav

Posted May 05, 2007 - 04:43 PM

Smokie its the RIGHT HOLE that you put the 110 jet in.... it is threaded already but DOES NOT HAVE a jet in it until you put the kit one in.... The yamaha instruction come with the diagram/picture (figure 4) specifically saying DO NOT REMOVE the left side jet. I was lost for about an hour because I did not see a jet to replace then I reread the instructions and it made it clear.... it said the threaded hole and shows the picture.

• smokie

Posted May 07, 2007 - 07:26 AM

Smokie its the RIGHT HOLE that you put the 110 jet in.... it is threaded already but DOES NOT HAVE a jet in it until you put the kit one in.... The yamaha instruction come with the diagram/picture (figure 4) specifically saying DO NOT REMOVE the left side jet. I was lost for about an hour because I did not see a jet to replace then I reread the instructions and it made it clear.... it said the threaded hole and shows the picture.

Thanks again :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.