Need 07 450f suspension help/survey

5 replies to this topic
  • mx43yzf

Posted January 18, 2007 - 06:17 AM

I am trying to zero on on the right settings for the suspension of my bike. I have changed the springs for my weight and set the sag to 100m. I know that everyone prefers different settings but am curious as to what people are actually using for Motocross. I thought it might be helpful for others as well if people could post thier settings along with weight, springs, sag, type of riding and skill level.

Mine are as follows

Motocross intermediate plus 40 class
160 lbs no gear
5.0 shock 42 fork springs
sag 100 m
forks 10/10 compression/rebound
shock 10/12/1 and half lsc/rebound/hsc

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

• mx43yzf

Posted January 19, 2007 - 01:28 PM

bump.

• grayracer513

Posted January 19, 2007 - 01:38 PM

I don't think you'll get anywhere with this. There are simply too many variables involved for my settings to mean anything to you or anyone else, and my settings vary from venue to venue, anyway.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DaveJ

Posted January 19, 2007 - 02:01 PM

I am trying to zero on on the right settings for the suspension of my bike. I have changed the springs for my weight and set the sag to 100m. I know that everyone prefers different settings but am curious as to what people are actually using for Motocross. I thought it might be helpful for others as well if people could post thier settings along with weight, springs, sag, type of riding and skill level.

Mine are as follows

Motocross intermediate plus 40 class
160 lbs no gear
5.0 shock 42 fork springs
sag 100 m
forks 10/10 compression/rebound
shock 10/12/1 and half lsc/rebound/hsc

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Well...I'll give you this.

Fork C=5 R=15
Shock C=10 R=16 HS = 2.0
Front Rate = .46
Rear = 5.4
Sag = 100mm
Rider = 170lbs.

• mx43yzf

Posted February 10, 2007 - 05:16 PM

a little help please

• grayracer513

Posted February 10, 2007 - 05:35 PM

The bike will corner better with the rear sag at 95-97mm, and the forks pulled up 5-7mm.

For suspension adjustment basic info go to MX Tech Support and scroll down to the MX Tech Tuning Guide.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.