07 wr radiator gaurds

18 replies to this topic
  • drz42

Posted January 17, 2007 - 10:49 PM

Does anyone make radiator gaurds for a 07 wr250 and 450. been looking doesnt seem theres anything out there yet. i've always liked devol's guards do they offer any yet. thanks in advance

• warlock50

Posted January 18, 2007 - 02:52 AM

This is the euro website but all this stuff is available is australia now too as of this week.

http://www.yamaha-mo...roductId=WR450F

• Looks450

Posted January 20, 2007 - 02:54 PM

These will be available i believe about the end of next week.
I will be getting a set hopefully annodised blue.

http://www.forceacce...iatorGuards.htm

• crf063

Posted January 31, 2007 - 07:29 AM

I just installed the unabiker rad guards and they are great. Took a little time to get them on but it is well worth it. I never had to bend or twist anything. Perfect fit, nice packaging, easy directions, and what a great company to work with. The guy included his cell # just in case I had any trouble getting them on since this is a new bike and new brace for them.

http://www.unabiker.com

07 WR450 hopefully get some pics to post soon.

• Backroad-Bob

Posted February 01, 2007 - 07:01 PM

Works connection has a good design for radiator guards.

• foxomatica

Posted February 02, 2007 - 12:53 AM

unibiker are crap. Devol are good.

• markhughesj

Posted February 02, 2007 - 02:19 AM

I checked their website and they appear to only be for the 06 model and not the new Alum Frame 07.

I usually deal with B&B Aluminium. They put a set of Guards on my 02 WR250F and I couldn't bust a radiator no matter how hard I tried.

Mark H

Bris Qld Aust.

• markhughesj

Posted February 02, 2007 - 02:26 AM

I forgot to mention that B & B said that they haven't made any yet as they can't come up with a mounting design that adds any strength and protection. I will be emailing your links.

Thanks

Mark H
Bris Qld Australia

• SXP

Posted February 02, 2007 - 09:46 AM

Want to explain that before I order a Unabiker guard? Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted February 02, 2007 - 08:56 PM

I just installed the unabiker rad guards and they are great. Took a little time to get them on but it is well worth it. I never had to bend or twist anything. Perfect fit, nice packaging, easy directions, and what a great company to work with. The guy included his cell # just in case I had any trouble getting them on since this is a new bike and new brace for them.

http://www.unabiker.com

07 WR450 hopefully get some pics to post soon.

Could you post some pics of the Unabiker guards mounted to the bike? A couple of front and back views would be great. The Unabiker website only has one view from behind. Thanks.

• QuikSSilver

Posted February 02, 2007 - 09:37 PM

I need to get a set bad hopefully something comes out soon!!

Already put my bike down pretty hard.... bent the filler neck and cap.... luckily its all holding together!! that what I've been afraid of though!! got lucky that time!

hopefully we get something well designed soon!

• Dirtskills

Posted February 03, 2007 - 06:02 PM

Get the works connection full cage braces, they look pretty trick.
Moose has them too, they are made buy works,same thing but Moose
name on it.

• dart_440

Posted February 03, 2007 - 11:30 PM

I like the flatland rad guards.. Had them on my CR250 and survived lotsa good crashes!
I phoned and ordered mine this last week from them so I should see them this week.
The guy told me the 07 YZ450 guards will also fit the WR, since they redesigned them to fit both. Cant argue with the price either!

http://www.flatlandracing.com/

• warlock50

Posted February 17, 2007 - 04:26 PM

Heres some pics of my GYTR Radiator Braces fitted they are a bit of a pain to fit as you have to drain the fluid and take all the hoses and radiators to fit them but i got it done .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• sts475

Posted February 17, 2007 - 07:35 PM

:ride: :lol: :censored:

Works Performance All The Way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally trick !

Totally Sano !

Great fit !

Great Protection !

Good luck !

STS.

• ISBB

Posted February 18, 2007 - 12:31 AM

Have you ever held the 2 pair side by side?

Devols are a helluva lot thinner material than unabikers. Unabikers are rather stout and i have never heard of anyone damaging a radiator with a set of unabikers on. If you give Devols a twist the whole gaurd flex's try that with unabikers.. WONT happen!!!

• Looks450

Posted February 18, 2007 - 12:42 AM

Have you ever held the 2 pair side by side?

Devols are a helluva lot thinner material than unabikers. Unabikers are rather stout and i have never heard of anyone damaging a radiator with a set of unabikers on. If you give Devols a twist the whole gaurd flex's try that with unabikers.. WONT happen!!!

To add weight, i have wrecked a radiator with a devol on. I think that they are for soft drops only. The GYTR ones look really solid for side on protection, obviously they are not designed for front protection. IF all round protection is what you are after, then Unibiker look like a coffin for you radiators, or try B and B, or Force Accessories from Aust. THey are the goods.

Looks

• Paradiddle

Posted February 18, 2007 - 10:09 PM

I installed the Works Connection braces on my '07 WR. They don't compare well with the Devol, or Flatland type, as there is no frontal impact protection plate.

The WC's are an excellent product, and fit really well, some trimming of the shroud and louvre is required, but easy to do. They are similar to the GYT-R units, but maintain the small stock brace for extra protection, and add a little more protection for the lower rad tank. Retail for about $100 USD.

Here's the pics
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Lynn
Works Connection Rad Braces :applause: :applause: :lol: :cry: :cry:

• ffgman

Posted February 20, 2007 - 01:43 PM

The works connection braces dont impead airflow. The devols and most of the others might have some kind of frontal impact, but if you ride in real tight stuff where you dont get much airflow you WILL overheat your bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.