Wr 426 To Wr 450

3 replies to this topic
  • riden wr in Co

Posted January 17, 2007 - 09:40 PM

I sold my 01 426 and bought an 05 wr450. The 426 had the yz timing and a pipe and had the punch of a ???? 250 2 smoker on steroids! The 05 is stock and smooth but ,,,,,,,, slow and well slow. I would like to get the 05 to hit like the 426 but not sure what all I need to do and dont want to loose the bottom end. advice? and what happened to the spell check?

• cumminsgetsome

Posted January 18, 2007 - 04:54 AM

Do all the free mods throttle screw, gray wire, exhaust baffle, rejet, remove the air box snorkel and you will out run the 426 I just went through the same thing and you will not recognize the bike. look hear for instructions www.thumperfaq.com the site is for the 250 but you do the same for the 450.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cumminsgetsome

Posted January 18, 2007 - 04:57 AM

forgot to mention you might want to tie a couple of bricks on the front fender. This is to keep the front wheel on the ground. Ha ha ha

• riden wr in Co

Posted January 22, 2007 - 12:42 AM

ALL free mods done. Top end on interstate is less than 80.It will pull the front up but not like the 426.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.