98 wr400 throttle restrictor +other mods

1 reply to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 17, 2001 - 01:41 PM

can anyone tell me the correct length for 98 wr throttle restrictor. Is it worth taking airbox lid off, any rejetting required? any other sensible mods. I've just got the bike dont know too much about them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted January 18, 2001 - 03:17 AM

Welcome Rory,

I have a 99 and did the trim on the throttle stop. I pulled the carb and trimmed it a little at a time until it was the correct length, not sure what that is though. As far as pulling the airbox lid off, it may require some adjustments but not jetting changes. All of our bike seem to react differently to changes. I think it's related to riding style, altitude and geographic location.

Good Luck
Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.