BK MOD ?

3 replies to this topic
  • slr

Posted January 08, 2002 - 01:57 PM

BETWEEN THE BOLT AND BLACK ARM IS IT AROUND 20thou.THE SPRAY IS ABOUT 1sec. OR LESS.
00WZ 400 THANKS

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted January 08, 2002 - 04:21 PM

I'm not sure about the clearance between the bolt and the black arm, but I did a lot of fiddling with the AP on my '00 WZ400 (with the help of JD & Taff), and came to the conclusion that about .5 to .7 seconds of squirt was all it wanted. Make sure the fuel stream does not hit the slide. Mine was not in stock condition, but I actually delayed it a bit to miss the slide even more. I found the timing of the squirt to be important and this totally eliminated the bog off the bottom when you really snap the throttle open from idle. You did not mention jetting. Are you going to re-jet also?

Just my two cents, hope it helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slr

Posted January 08, 2002 - 05:23 PM

jetting ekp#4 175main 45pilot 1/2 turn out on fuel/air

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted January 08, 2002 - 05:50 PM

FYI - My Bike: '00 WR400, DSP w/tapered header & SA, YZ timed, GW & BK mods.

* EMN Needle @ #4
* 175 Main Jet
* 48 Pilot Jet
* Pilot Screw 1.75 Turns Out
* 100 Pilot Air Jet
* Accelerator Pump Timing Screw 1.9 Turns Out
* Accelerator Pump Squirt 0.7 seconds (+-)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.