2004 XR650R vs. CRF450R

4 replies to this topic
  • steed2

Posted January 17, 2007 - 05:05 AM

Now i know that these bike are meant for 2 completely different things....but me and my buddy raced and that goddanm 450 stayed right beside my pig till 95MPH at which point i pulled away at an extremely slow rate my bike tops out between 98-100mph ....lol. Both bikes are stock {my 650 is uncorked ]. this way before i got my exhaust now im looking forward to a rematch haha.....but i have to wait for this white shit to go away{i live in canada]
anyways just a convsation peice

• RdrMtn

Posted January 17, 2007 - 06:32 AM

That is exactly what happened when I raced a crf450 on grass. My bike was stock uncorked as well with stock exhaust. If our 650's were geared down to the crf's ratio's, the XR would beat the CRF by a larger margin in my opinion.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maximus86

Posted January 17, 2007 - 06:39 AM

put a stage 2 cam and full exhaust-gear a bit taller and see what happens

the 450 will beat you for a little while but the XR will be able to do 110+-and you'll kill him at anything over 80

• gchidest

Posted January 17, 2007 - 06:42 AM

Pretty impressive. I thought the crf450r would beat the 650. I have never rode either though, only my cr250r and a kxf250.

• TriFire

Posted January 17, 2007 - 06:51 AM

Now i know that these bike are meant for 2 completely different things....but me and my buddy raced and that goddanm 450 stayed right beside my pig till 95MPH at which point i pulled away at an extremely slow rate my bike tops out between 98-100mph ....lol. Both bikes are stock {my 650 is uncorked ]. this way before i got my exhaust now im looking forward to a rematch haha.....but i have to wait for this white shit to go away{i live in canada]
anyways just a convsation peice

lol, i just bought a 2007 CRF450R, and i let my bud ride the XR, we started in second gear, i managed to out accelerate my pig by just half a bike length, then the damn pig started to creep up to my CRF during acceleration, its amazing if ride both bikes you would think the CRF would blow the doors of the BRP, but never under estimate the power of the PIG :lol:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.