07 wr450- gytr question

8 replies to this topic
  • drz42

Posted January 16, 2007 - 05:40 PM

Bought my 07 wr450, Rode it once then did the GYTR ais removal kit. love the power it no has, should i have done the gytr fuel screw? the bike runs good after its warmed up but the initial start up in the morning takes a while, but after it fires the thing runs and starts like a champ. now i have it all striped down again getting the suspension worked, im wondering if i should do the gytr fuel screw or try different jets. i used the 06 kit, are the jets the same for the 07, did all the other free mods and am riding in so cal 2500-3500ft. Any ideas what i should try or are they all cold blooded bikes? thanks everyone

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 16, 2007 - 07:18 PM

Bought my 07 wr450, Rode it once then did the GYTR ais removal kit. love the power it no has, should i have done the gytr fuel screw? the bike runs good after its warmed up but the initial start up in the morning takes a while, but after it fires the thing runs and starts like a champ. now i have it all striped down again getting the suspension worked, im wondering if i should do the gytr fuel screw or try different jets. i used the 06 kit, are the jets the same for the 07, did all the other free mods and am riding in so cal 2500-3500ft. Any ideas what i should try or are they all cold blooded bikes? thanks everyone

i would do the fuel screw, i did on my o6. before i did the jetting and the fuel screw i would take a while to start cold. after the jetting and fuel screw, we are talking one kick with the choke and maybe 1 second the button if i do that.

• TWILES

Posted January 16, 2007 - 07:28 PM

I just like the easy access. They are only $25 for the ProCircuit.

• gregwr450f

Posted January 17, 2007 - 01:33 PM

did you see this?
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=454338

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BIG HAL

Posted January 18, 2007 - 07:47 AM

Why do ya have to run AIS?? Its an offroad vehicle.. Why dont you get a bike from another state?

• WR450RICKO

Posted January 18, 2007 - 08:10 AM

I rode my 06' for a year without touching the air screw. Started to experience the hard starting you are speaking of. Just put the air screw in it and had it tuned on a dyno and had to turn it out 2.75 turns for optimum efficiency. This resulted in crisp throttle response. Tough to keep the front wheel on the ground now.
BTW - I did all the free mods except cutting holes in the air box. I ride in the same conditions as you mentioned.

• BuckWR450

Posted January 18, 2007 - 12:57 PM

I apologize for the ignorance, but what does the gytr fuel screw accomplish? I own the 07 WR450 and I am picking up my gytr AIS kit next week to complete the mods.

:lol::bonk:

• clark4131

Posted January 18, 2007 - 03:53 PM

Why do ya have to run AIS?? Its an offroad vehicle.. Why dont you get a bike from another state?

All WR's from '05 on have the smog equipment regardless of state unless the dealer removes it prior to sale...SC

• drz42

Posted January 18, 2007 - 04:29 PM

the fuel screw doesnt make the bike run any better its instead of taking half the bike apart to adjust it in the case it doesnt run good or start good you have easy access to it. if your going to do your ais kit i would do it while its apart, i wish had done it when i did my ais kit on my 07. my question for these guys was that im experiencing hard starting when its cold would that be a jetting problem or a fuel screw setting deal.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.