Friends WR400, stupid LOUD

12 replies to this topic
  • Solamar

Posted January 16, 2007 - 04:12 PM

I'm trying to help a friend out with his '99WR400.

Years back he bought a DMC Alien exhaust header and muffler and threw away his stock exhaust. This exhaust is rediculously loud, now that he knows better he wants to make it quiet again.

-Anyone know if there is a quiter muffler that will work with the DMC head pipe?

-Any recomendation on a complete exhaust that won't break the bank?

-Anyone have a stock exhaust they want to sell?

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

• SXP

Posted January 16, 2007 - 04:19 PM

I'm trying to help a friend out with his '99WR400.

Years back he bought a DMC Alien exhaust header and muffler and threw away his stock exhaust. This exhaust is rediculously loud, now that he knows better he wants to make it quiet again.

-Anyone know if there is a quiter muffler that will work with the DMC head pipe?

-Any recomendation on a complete exhaust that won't break the bank?

-Anyone have a stock exhaust they want to sell?

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

I've got a stocker - $25. PM me.

• Kyle Prior

Posted January 16, 2007 - 09:11 PM

He could buy a complete Dr.D system for around $500. They are around 96db with the SA in.

• Solamar

Posted January 17, 2007 - 09:09 AM

That DrD system looks good. Do the WR400's use the same exhaust as the newer WR426/WR450?

SXP, I'll let hi know you have a stocker available. Might be worth the drive up from San Diego.

Thanks for the info guys!

• Kyle Prior

Posted January 17, 2007 - 09:12 AM

That DrD system looks good. Do the WR400's use the same exhaust as the newer WR426/WR450?

SXP, I'll let hi know you have a stocker available. Might be worth the drive up from San Diego.

Thanks for the info guys!

I went on the Dr.D website (www.dubachracing.com), and they show that they have it for his bike, for about $540

• GixRider

Posted January 17, 2007 - 09:15 AM

I just order a Dr.D yesterday for my YZ426. The TT store has it for $464 and with a price match to BTOSports.com, it was down to $421.xx. Too sweet of a deal for me to even consider other exhaust brands.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kyle Prior

Posted January 17, 2007 - 11:44 AM

I just order a Dr.D yesterday for my YZ426. The TT store has it for $464 and with a price match to BTOSports.com, it was down to $421.xx. Too sweet of a deal for me to even consider other exhaust brands.

I have one on my YZ426, you'll love it.

• R_Little

Posted January 17, 2007 - 11:54 AM

I have a stock exhaust, but I'd look for a stock yz426 exhaust. they are cheap on ebay. Just repack it when you get it.

• byggd

Posted January 17, 2007 - 12:32 PM

I have a stock exhaust, but I'd look for a stock yz426 exhaust. they are cheap on ebay. Just repack it when you get it.

I don't think the YZ exhaust is USFS approved? :lol:

• specialk6r

Posted January 17, 2007 - 01:45 PM

I'd grab that stocker from SXP. I know the 400's are worth a little more in California due to the green sticker, but in Michigan they go around $1500. I wouldn't be willing to spend 1/3 the value of the bike on an exhaust system.

If your buddy has $500 to throw around he could sell it and be get a 426 - More performance in quiet mode than the 400 with the loud pipe. Just a throught.

• Jekel

Posted January 18, 2007 - 07:28 PM

I would snag the stock exhaust offered. Stil has good performance and is actualy quiet.

• jaymo

Posted January 28, 2007 - 05:18 AM

There is a quiet insert available for the alien. It reduces the db to around 95

http://www.dmc-on-li...lienaccess.html

• WildRide

Posted January 28, 2007 - 06:31 PM

I don't think the YZ exhaust is USFS approved? :ride:

My son put a USFS Pro Moto Billet end cap on his stock YZ pipe along with a PMB quiet insert, works great and was rea$onable.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.