Can I get an R plated in FL or get the L

3 replies to this topic
  • Dirtboy52

Posted January 16, 2007 - 02:35 PM

I see in some states, you can get the R, put the lights on it and get a license plate. I would love to do that but I don't think you can in FL. If a bike is plated in anoter state, can I buy it and get a plate in FL? If this can't be reasonably done, does the L get the job done. I really like to ride off road and will keep my CRFX, but would like a plated bike also to explore on, ride dirt roads and fire trails and just go. I really want the R, but what can I do? :lol:

• philipstjohn

Posted January 16, 2007 - 03:50 PM

I see in some states, you can get the R, put the lights on it and get a license plate. I would love to do that but I don't think you can in FL. If a bike is plated in anoter state, can I buy it and get a plate in FL? If this can't be reasonably done, does the L get the job done. I really like to ride off road and will keep my CRFX, but would like a plated bike also to explore on, ride dirt roads and fire trails and just go. I really want the R, but what can I do? :lol:

It is probably gone by now, but I was in South Orlando visiting friends, and saw a titled XR650R around back of the local Honda Dealer. Asked if it was for sale, and it had just came in. I have never seen one titled here in FL for sale before. I have a titled XR650R in FL, but I bought it titled from out of state, then just re titled it here. That seems to be the only way. There are titled XR650R's for sale in neighboring states, you just have to search for them. I went on cycle trader daily searching for titled XR650R's, and saw them. It is just hard buying a bike on line. But, if you find one, get detail pictures, the story, etc and all looks good it might be worth it to make a rode trip to go get it. If your not a hardcore off road guy, and see yourself riding the streets alot, then the L may be you easiest option to dual sport, especially if you like the easy button. :confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted January 16, 2007 - 04:32 PM

As phillipstjohn stated you must buy one thats already plated, in or out of state, or settle for the L model as I did.

• dukeryder

Posted January 17, 2007 - 06:53 PM

Get the R!!! Unless Kicking it is just not an option. I have the L, but it just doesn't have the power I want for the streets, another 10-20hp and I'd be a very happy camper.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.