XRR hotcam Question

3 replies to this topic
  • steed2

Posted January 16, 2007 - 01:03 PM

I am very interested in installing a hotcam in my 2004 XR650R. I installed one in my 2004 honda rubicon and was ammazed by the improvement. My problem is does anyone have any info on the difference between the stage 1 and 2 ?
Will i need race fuel with the stage 2 ? Does the stock engine work better with the stage 1 ?...Cause if its just the stage 2 provides more power ill go with that...Im new to this site so any help will be greatly appreciated ...thanks guys

• iestrada

Posted January 16, 2007 - 01:10 PM

I have the stage 2 on a my 650r 03, springs and valves stok. I gave me mor power on low RPM, i can't say there was improvemement on high rpm nor reflects on top speed, it remained the same. But with the stage 2 i cant take sand in 3rd when i had to drop to 2nd...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steed2

Posted January 16, 2007 - 01:15 PM

Wow really ehh.....i put one in my honda rubicon and it made such a difference i couldnt beleive it???? the top speed increased by 10 KLM/h which is alot for a work horse and it will out run a rincon 650 to top speed? Maybe the stage 1 will be a better buy with the stock engine?

• iestrada

Posted January 16, 2007 - 01:54 PM

i wouldn't know. I really like the performance of the stage 2 on my bike, When I installed it I already had a full exhaust system and jetted accordingly. to be honest i would't notice if i gained 10 - 15 km/h on top speed. i forgot, the fuel range improved with the cam change

Now the cylinder head is ported, all the gears feel longer and there is no end for 5th gear. I had to rejet and i'm evaluating opening up the air box.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.