18 replies to this topic
  • MOmilkman

Posted January 08, 2002 - 03:48 AM

As I was thumbing through my copy of dirt rider magazine last night I came across coverage of our trip to Lake Elsinore, CA for the GP.

Casually browsing the pages I look at page 101 and there is a picture of Rodney Smith riding through town and THERE I AM! Right at the rear fender of his bike in the yellow shirt!!!! SWEET!

Now if I can just prove to my friends that me somehow...... :) :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry I'm so excited about this, but this has always been a lifelong dream of mine to grace the pages of my favorite magazine. :D

• Stumpy

Posted January 08, 2002 - 04:00 AM

Can I have your autograph? Could be worth millions some day...

• mcarp

Posted January 08, 2002 - 04:30 AM

• Joel_Gibson

Posted January 08, 2002 - 06:56 AM

Local Missouri Boy makes it BIG! I love it. Congratulations I'll have to get a copy.

• MOmilkman

Posted January 08, 2002 - 08:38 AM

Thank you, Thank you.

I will be holding a press conference and shortly afterward a autograph session out front of my house tomorrow morning.

Admission is free.

• Dougie

Posted January 08, 2002 - 08:46 AM

Sorry Darin, I only subscribe to Dirt Bike, Motocross Action, MX, Trailrider, Cycle World, Motocyclist, AMA magazine and Rolling Stone :)

• Bill

Posted January 08, 2002 - 04:00 PM

Way cool :) What's on the cover of that issue? I'll see if I have it.

• Blue_Boner

Posted January 08, 2002 - 04:24 PM

Darin, personally I think you have been ripped off! If you made the journey all the way from Springfield, MO out to California for the Elsine GP they should have done a story on you. Being in the background of a picture of another rider just isn't good enough, you should definately complain. Eric

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted January 08, 2002 - 05:55 PM

Eric right, they should have done a story on you. At least a trophy or something. Geeze.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • caffd01

Posted January 09, 2002 - 02:42 AM

Too bad Rodney Smith weasled into YOUR shot! If I had known you were famous, I would have had you autograph the helmetcam before you mailed it.

• MOmilkman

Posted January 09, 2002 - 05:22 AM

Bill, Its the new issue (Im not sure what month) with someone riding a 250F and in bold print on the front they are talking about the new 2003 450F.

Actually, I was just glad to be able to be there and see and particapate in such an awesome race. Everything about it was so much fun. I'd like to go back again someday.
If they were actually to ask me something, (Dirt Rider) I would probably just say something really hicky and Ozarkish. :)

Hey caffd01, You'll be glad to know that HC particapated in that race! :D

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 09, 2002 - 05:44 AM

Gee, everytime I see a blurred unrecognizable picture of someone with a yellow shirt I will assume that it is you. L.O.L.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 09, 2002 - 05:45 AM

Gee, everytime I see a blurred unrecognizable picture of someone with a yellow shirt I will assume that it is you. L.O.L.

• old_but_slow

Posted January 09, 2002 - 08:14 AM

Hey Darin, now that you're famous (?!?), just remember about the "Gruber Incident". Just in case I have to keep you humble..... HAHA :D :)

• MOmilkman

Posted January 09, 2002 - 08:31 AM

Your goning to have to kick this "oldbutslow" guy off the board for good. He's been harassing me and all kinds of nasty stuff.
He has no place on this forum.

DO IT QUICK! Thanks! :)

• Tim_Heslip

Posted January 09, 2002 - 10:51 PM

Wow MOmilkman I just happen to have the mag right here next to me at work. Too cool. Just don't forget us small people at TT when you get the modeling gig. :)

• Bill

Posted January 10, 2002 - 02:45 AM

How can I pick on a guy who has the name sake of my riding style :) :D :D

• Bryan

Posted January 10, 2002 - 01:56 PM

That's so cool Milky!
And I knew when you were just a little pup with only a 2x10 as a motorcycle loading ramp for your pickup!

• MOmilkman

Posted January 10, 2002 - 04:45 PM

Hey Bryan, Whazzzzup! (is whazzzzzzup still in?, sorry) anyways, nice to hear from you.

I have acually stepped up from the 2X10 board plank for a loading ramp and now have a full blown pull behind your truck trailor.

Even a metal loading ramp! :)

Well enough for now, I need to get back to dyno-testing a gaggle of pipes Tom Webb sent me.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.