XR650 Rally Fairing on Acerbis Sahara tank

8 replies to this topic
  • Kenaroo

Posted January 16, 2007 - 09:47 AM

Ok.. well after looking around the world.. I have only found one unit that is in production from African Queens. It's a nice unit but by the time I pay for shipping to the States it will cost over $2500. That's a bit much for me.

So I have decided to make my own mold and lay down a proto in Fiberglass and then after making it perfect vacumn bag one out of Carbon Fiber.

I been talking to a few on Advrider.com http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=196917that are showing interest in having me make one for them as well... So I decided to open this up for all that are interested.

post if you would be intersted in having one made for you. I beleive that this unit can be adapted to fit any of the Acerbis 6 gallon rally tanks (Yamaha, Honda CRFX, KTM)

here is the initial design that still needs tweaking

Posted Image

• porterdog

Posted January 16, 2007 - 11:50 AM

Might be interested! Keep us posted with how it goes, please :lol:

• pburke

Posted January 16, 2007 - 02:10 PM

Might be interested! Keep us posted with how it goes, please :confused:

I may need Bold New Graphics if I get that one! :lol:

• porterdog

Posted January 17, 2007 - 05:03 AM

Feh! You need Bold New Graphics regardless. I mean, come on! :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • johnpitts01

Posted January 17, 2007 - 05:39 AM

Definitely interested

• maxracer

Posted February 10, 2007 - 08:12 PM

very interested if this comes to be. I saw the posting on adv rider as well. Price seems very attractive.

• Kenaroo

Posted June 14, 2007 - 01:18 PM

Fabrication on these are done and in production

Posted Image

Posted Image

took the first producton unit out for a 500 mile d/s ride in Mexico. worked perfect with no issues whats so ever.

if your interested in making a rally pig. here's the link.

http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=231442

• Kenaroo

Posted April 28, 2008 - 05:20 AM

A few updated pictures of the fairing

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• vash

Posted July 23, 2008 - 02:22 AM

How much to have one made?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.