07 YZ450 Cycra handguards

14 replies to this topic
  • kawi4kev

Posted January 15, 2007 - 10:04 PM

Has anyone mounted these using the triple clamp mounts on a new YZ yet? The number plate won't go back on and I will have to drill a new hole in the bar. (Pro-bend type with stock Pro taper bars)

• YamaHonda

Posted January 16, 2007 - 09:32 AM

This may not be the issue on the 07 YZ, but I put the same hand guards on a CRF with Pro Taper bars (CR Mid bend) and I ended up having to order an Off-set clamp from Cycra to make it work. I had the fat bar set-up, but it would not work - the brake and clutch cables were contorted and would have been damaged before much use. The off-set clamp piece was the solution, but it cost another $40 or so.

• Stripes123

Posted January 16, 2007 - 11:05 AM

I just bought the U clamp mount for my '06 and was really happy with the results.

• mcnaughb

Posted January 16, 2007 - 05:28 PM

I have the triple clamp (side mount) version on an 06. Didn't have to remove the number plate to mount them though.

• rexbond007

Posted January 16, 2007 - 06:28 PM

i used my triple clamp

http://www.members.s...7/bike-tree.jpg

http://www.members.s...way-picture.jpg

• red7

Posted January 16, 2007 - 09:51 PM

I have the Fastways which use the same Cycra pro bend (or whatever it's called) to mount to the triple clamp and they fit fine on my '06 so they should be fine on yours.

• ryangavin

Posted January 16, 2007 - 11:07 PM

I have the same problem the number plate will go back on but it's a little twisted. I'm going to make a little braket to move the number plate forward

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BuckWR450

Posted January 16, 2007 - 11:14 PM

I'm waiting to get my guards with the triple clamp (side) mount for my 07' WR450. I should have them by this Friday. Let you know how it goes.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted January 16, 2007 - 11:25 PM

i used my triple clamp

http://www.members.s...7/bike-tree.jpg

http://www.members.s...way-picture.jpg

Good Lord are those levers low! How do you use them when you are sitting? And what's with the different graphics side to side?

• tmauto69

Posted January 18, 2007 - 04:27 AM

That is how I set my levers up as well. Makes it so your wrists are not bent when you are standing. I don't have a problem reaching mine sitting either. I usually sit pretty far forward though. I guess if I were sitting on the rear fender it might be a problem.

• red7

Posted January 18, 2007 - 07:32 PM

I like my levers pointed down some as well (although not that much). One thing I noticed though after recently putting on my Fastways (cycra) guards is that landing is much harsher now. I never realized how much cushion there was in the 1 1/8" protapers. Made me appreciate those bars more and I'll probably end up taking off the handguards when I ride track and just put them on for trails which is a bummer seeing as how much they cost. Had I known, I probably would have skipped them since I ride more track and have ASV C5 levers. Oh well, these are the best handguards I've ever used and are 10 times better then my piece of crap Acerbis Rally Pros which bend if you look at them.

• rexbond007

Posted January 18, 2007 - 08:24 PM

Good Lord are those levers low! How do you use them when you are sitting? And what's with the different graphics side to side?

i stand 99% bush riding, one picture is stock, the other is with my hare scramble grafix kit.

• kawi4kev

Posted January 18, 2007 - 10:26 PM

Be back Sunday....curious how you come out.

• tmauto69

Posted January 19, 2007 - 02:16 PM

I like my levers pointed down some as well (although not that much). One thing I noticed though after recently putting on my Fastways (cycra) guards is that landing is much harsher now. I never realized how much cushion there was in the 1 1/8" protapers. Made me appreciate those bars more and I'll probably end up taking off the handguards when I ride track and just put them on for trails which is a bummer seeing as how much they cost. Had I known, I probably would have skipped them since I ride more track and have ASV C5 levers. Oh well, these are the best handguards I've ever used and are 10 times better then my piece of crap Acerbis Rally Pros which bend if you look at them.

I too noticed the harshness with the Cycra pro-bends with the triple clamp mounts. I ride both mx track and single track, and started taking them off at the track as well, too much arm pump.

• red7

Posted January 20, 2007 - 10:23 AM

The one plus is that they are pretty quick and easy to take off.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.