Need advice for exhaust!

31 replies to this topic
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted March 20, 2007 - 08:46 PM

forget the pipes! do the barron von beard ap wiring mod if u want more power!

• mnm567

Posted March 21, 2007 - 08:10 PM

Buy the New FMF TiPowercore. Best slip-on for the buck. Deep throaty sound and not too loud. You will see an increase in power also. Looks great, and it's made in USA. I just got one for $296. I will be updating "My Garage" with the new pics. soon.

• TexN343

Posted March 22, 2007 - 12:15 AM

I would get a powerbomb or megabomb header and leave the stock can alone. From what I understand the can just moves the power from one end to the other.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted March 22, 2007 - 03:30 AM

Hi,
i own a 2003 YZ450F and i'm planning on buying a slip on. There are 4 that i like and are close to my budget so i need some advise to decide.:applause:
1) Yoshimura TRC
2) Pro circuit T-4
3) FMF Titanium Powercore
4) FMF Speed

Which one do you think is going to give more power to my bike and on what range?Also do you know which one is lighter? Generally any info on these slip-ons would be appreciated!!

i had the yoshiumra full Ti pipe on my 250f and it really woke the bike up, it gave me a little bottem, some mid and a whole lot of top, this bike can rev to the moon and still pull.

also i love my dr.d on my 06 450, it gave me tons of bottem and mid range...

• crfklxrider

Posted March 22, 2007 - 02:41 PM

forget all of those pipes and making your bike louder, if you want more power on a 450, then get a motorcycle. help keep the parks around you open with a quiet exhaust

• yamaha racing 230

Posted March 22, 2007 - 05:44 PM

if u want some power go with a jardine exhaust i couldnt belive the surge in power when i revved my bike out and throttle response improved and i didnt lose any low end power sounds good to.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flintlock28

Posted March 22, 2007 - 07:05 PM

See the below review for 03' exhaust's.

http://www.dirtrider...f_exhaust_test/

• HIGH COMPRESSION

Posted March 28, 2007 - 03:41 PM

if u want some power go with a jardine exhaust i couldnt belive the surge in power when i revved my bike out and throttle response improved and i didnt lose any low end power sounds good to.

I agree. I put a jardine on my 04 YZ 450 and it rips!

• sandman3

Posted March 28, 2007 - 05:48 PM

I installed the FMF speed slip on last week, today we ran the bike on the DYNO, we saw 2.8 HP and 1.4 ft lbs of torque, I cannot speak for the other pipes, I am happy with the results. With the AP mod and Slip-on we gained 5+ HP, not to bad.

• Gerry B

Posted March 28, 2007 - 06:24 PM

YASOU CHRISTO!!!!
All of the slip ons you mentioned are top notch. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.
Where in Greece are you from? I'll be in Greece again next summer for 2 months.

• yamaha6j

Posted March 28, 2007 - 06:54 PM

I just purchased the DR. D pipe for my 07 yz 450 and must say that it hits strong !!! I actually have arm pump now and I'm wondering if I did the best move.

• StPeters21

Posted March 29, 2007 - 05:20 PM

I had the t-4 and the yosh tri-oval on my '03. The t-4 was much better in my opinion. The yosh rev'd way too fast and uncontrollable. The t-4 had over rev and much more managable power, BTW, I had complete systems. The only problem is that my t-4 broke around the weld, by the sub frame. Thats why I got the yosh.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.