tall seat

12 replies to this topic
  • yama426rider

Posted January 15, 2007 - 03:29 PM

anybody have pics of there 426 with a tall seat?

• fishwater

Posted January 16, 2007 - 03:06 AM

I have one on my 426 but don't have a pic handy. The seat is only two inches taller, you can't even tell it's a high seat by looking at it unless you place the original side by side.

• dwnlowx

Posted January 16, 2007 - 09:55 AM

does the tall seat help bigger guys or smaller guys im 6-2 250 so that might be what ineed

• trouch

Posted January 16, 2007 - 11:11 AM

I'm 6'2 and I really like mine. Next I want to lower the pegs, should be just right then.Posted Image

• SXP

Posted January 16, 2007 - 04:00 PM

I'm 6'2 and I really like mine. Next I want to lower the pegs, should be just right then.Posted Image

That is a TALL seat:eek:

If you are not looking for something quite that tall, then IMHO the SDG tall seat better complements the lines of the 400/426s. I have one on my 99 WR400 with a Clarke tank and it looks and fits good. I'm 6' 3.5".

• fishwater

Posted January 16, 2007 - 04:40 PM

If you are not looking for something quite that tall, then IMHO the SDG tall seat better complements the lines of the 400/426s. I have one on my 99 WR400 with a Clarke tank and it looks and fits good. I'm 6' 3.5".

Yes, that is a TALL tall seat. I have the SDG, you can barely notice. I am 6'1", 260lbs & I have finally dialed my 426 in perfectly for my size. I have CR high bends with a GYTR tripple clamp that allows me to offset the bars & push them forward. I had custom 1" riser blocks made that fit under my bar clamps & Fastway lo-boy pegs. Now the bike is perfect, I am comfortable standing or sitting.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dwnlowx

Posted January 16, 2007 - 07:20 PM

huge seat looks like you could sleep on it

• crakey

Posted January 04, 2008 - 02:12 PM

Where did you get an SDG tall seat for a 99 WR400? I have the '98 (I believe the specs. are the same) and SDG doesn't make a seat for it. I just sent back the seat to SDG for the 1998 YZF400, it was WAY off on the size. I just need a tall gripper seat, and cannot seam to find one anywhere. Thanks for your help in advance!!

• SXP

Posted January 04, 2008 - 04:45 PM

Where did you get an SDG tall seat for a 99 WR400? I have the '98 (I believe the specs. are the same) and SDG doesn't make a seat for it. I just sent back the seat to SDG for the 1998 YZF400, it was WAY off on the size. I just need a tall gripper seat, and cannot seam to find one anywhere. Thanks for your help in advance!!

PM'd you.

• 2001YZF426Rider

Posted January 05, 2008 - 06:47 PM

Trouch what kind of seat is that??

SXP do you have a pic of your bike with the seat and clarke tank?? I just supermotoed my bike and put a clarke tank on it and now i need a tall seat.. Im 6'3'', so i need a tall seat!!!

• crakey

Posted January 07, 2008 - 06:01 PM

I just ordered tall seat foam and a non-skid "Competition" seat cover from these guys. I called and they can made a step seat for my 1998 WR400, so far they are the only company our there that can do this. I will give you a report of how the seat feels when I get it and install it. Cannot wait! The yamaha stock seat slaps my balls silly though the rough stuff :banghead: , I hope this helps. They also sell comfort seats, if your bike isn't listed, call them, they were able to incorporate a tall seat with the step, which is something I have wanted for years:applause: .

www.gutsracing.com

• SXP

Posted January 07, 2008 - 09:53 PM

SXP do you have a pic of your bike with the seat and clarke tank??

My 99 400/444 with the SDG Tall seat/Clarke 3.2 combo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2001YZF426Rider

Posted January 08, 2008 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for the pictures!!! Looks like i need an SDG tall seat for mine!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.