ZipTy Racing Carb Modification - test

214 replies to this topic
  • bluethundaaaa

Posted February 01, 2007 - 01:06 PM

My question is....do they use a different emulsion tube? And if so can we get one without having to send in our carb? or do they use a larger size air jet? I don't mind working on my carb so I would prefer not to pay to have someone else do this for me.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 01, 2007 - 01:39 PM

ZipTy gets them from FactoryPRo Racing

here:
http://www.factorypr.../indextech.html

• lastchild

Posted February 01, 2007 - 05:28 PM

Factory Pro makes their own kit but I think it's more expensive and you don't get all of the other perks like you do with Zip-Ty...Ap mod, etc.

• twenty34

Posted February 01, 2007 - 09:09 PM

I have aftermkt WB Alum Pro2 complete system so power is better everywhere

So I'm really trying to understand this. You have a WB exhaust, so is it the Carb mod or the exhaust that led to your newfound power? Did you have the pipe before the carb mod?

• swatdoc

Posted February 02, 2007 - 12:15 PM

Gray - thanks for the explanation on the emulsion tube.
I'm somewhat familiar with the AP mod, as I did the oring trick on the FCR I have on my DRZ. I was just wondering what is so great or different that Zipty is doing - are they just wrapping safety wire around it?

• grayracer513

Posted February 02, 2007 - 12:57 PM

I was just wondering what is so great or different that Zipty is doing - are they just wrapping safety wire around it?

The AP "wiring" mod is thrown in with the rest of what they do, which includes the installation of all the new jetting. I'm not absolutely certain, but I understand they do some work with a drill on one or more passages within the carb body.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 02, 2007 - 02:53 PM

So I'm really trying to understand this. You have a WB exhaust, so is it the Carb mod or the exhaust that led to your newfound power? Did you have the pipe before the carb mod?

yes first pipe
then new jetting with NFLR 48pj/q68mj
then Zipty Carb mod

carb mod led to better power after the other stuff was done

• Ga426owner

Posted February 02, 2007 - 03:06 PM

The AP "wiring" mod is thrown in with the rest of what they do, which includes the installation of all the new jetting. I'm not absolutely certain, but I understand they do some work with a drill on one or more passages within the carb body.

correct GreyRacer
for $100.00
they clean entire carb - passages, slide, jets. diaphram ac pump etc...(in my case supplied a new diaphram as mine was dissolved due to VPU4 contamination)
they set the float
they add their suggested jetting based on your altitude and their racing experience at these altitudes
they wire up the AC pump - uniquely unlike any other pic I have seen = sorry - this I did not take - maybe someone else can
they set the AP squirt duration per their spec
they drill out a little hole on the intake side of the carb and add the emulsion tube jet
they then seal the carb in a airtight bag and ship to you

funny after all the exercise of removing it(IT IS TIGHT IN THERE)..and the damn TPS sensor (DO NOT DO THIS)
and resetting the TPS with a voltometer - (A MAJOR PAIN IN THE @$$)
then completely installing it....(A LESSON IN PATIENCE)
while wondering/ being paranoid the entire time if my bike would ever idle / run correctly again from start to finish.............it started on the very first kick.........amazing. If a idiot like me can do this.....anyone can
and the results are amazing.....to me at least. :ride:

• Mighty_Whitey

Posted February 05, 2007 - 10:30 PM

GA426,

Thank you for following this post and remaining active. Too many people and I am guilty of it too, post and abandon. I called ZipTy racing the day after you posted this and the Tech I spoke to made a comment like "Wow, this must be carb day because I have had a ton of calls about the carb mods." I told him your screen name on TT and what you had said in regards to positive feedback. He sounded pretty stoked about that, you should definitely give them a call and if you race ask about maybe rider support ($ Discounts) or even some free goodies. :ride:

Thats what is great about the MX community, it is very family and friend orientated.

:censored:

MW

• MTshirt

Posted February 06, 2007 - 06:35 AM

How about any long term effects with this mod? Can anybody think of a reason this would be an issue?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ISBB

Posted February 06, 2007 - 08:59 PM

nothing jumps out and screams at me that these mods would fatigue or cause carb failure down the road... i say do it! :censored:

• grayracer513

Posted February 06, 2007 - 09:49 PM

How about any long term effects with this mod? Can anybody think of a reason this would be an issue?

Yeah, the effect of having the fuel curve closer to perfectly accurate under all conditions of speed and load could be devastating.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 07, 2007 - 06:12 AM

GA426,

Thank you for following this post and remaining active. Too many people and I am guilty of it too, post and abandon. I called ZipTy racing the day after you posted this and the Tech I spoke to made a comment like "Wow, this must be carb day because I have had a ton of calls about the carb mods." I told him your screen name on TT and what you had said in regards to positive feedback. He sounded pretty stoked about that, you should definitely give them a call and if you race ask about maybe rider support ($ Discounts) or even some free goodies. :lol:

Thats what is great about the MX community, it is very family and friend orientated.

MW

Agreed and thanks - MW

and that is why my 03 470 carb is there now....:ride:

• Ga426owner

Posted February 07, 2007 - 06:13 AM

Yeah, the effect of having the fuel curve closer to perfectly accurate under all conditions of speed and load could be devastating.

:ride:

my thoughts exactly.....and I thought all this fine tuning was in vain....:censored:

• socal_sierra

Posted February 07, 2007 - 06:45 AM

this may be a dumb question but zip ty does honda/suzuki/kawi carbs too correct?? :censored:

• SUnruh

Posted February 07, 2007 - 06:52 AM

In addition, it mixes fuel from the main jet with air from the main air jet, and is partly responsible for the spray pattern and droplet size of the fuel entering the intake air stream.

one small problem. the pic you posted does NOT have a MAJ!!! :censored:

• Ga426owner

Posted February 07, 2007 - 08:01 AM

this may be a dumb question but zip ty does honda/suzuki/kawi carbs too correct?? :censored:

yes....do it do it:p

• socal_sierra

Posted February 07, 2007 - 08:04 AM

yes....do it do it:p

i intend to.. haha i figured they did but i might as well save myself the trouble askin on here :ride: im gonna pull my carb tonight when i get off work :censored:

• grayracer513

Posted February 07, 2007 - 09:43 AM

one small problem. the pic you posted does NOT have a MAJ!!! :censored:

'Does too!
Item #22 5TA-14943-27-00 JET, MAIN (#100)

• twenty34

Posted February 11, 2007 - 04:17 PM

damn TPS sensor (DO NOT DO THIS)

So can someone provide more insight on this? What is the TPS sensor and what should I avoid doing when removing the carb?:censored:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.