ZipTy Racing Carb Modification - test

214 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted January 15, 2007 - 03:28 PM

After receiving my carb back from ZipTy Racing - I noticed they spot clean it to perfection, much cleaner than I sent, emulsion Tube added, and accel pump wired and reset duration as well as complete new jetting. After installing it and resetting the TPS...I noticed a crisp throttle response as well as it fired up on first kick....(never disconnect your TPS at the carb....yuk that was painful)
Power Test - wow a lot better low and mid - coming out of corners is a new experience as this bike rips...they mention a 1 -1.5 hp increase...I noticed a much better bark for starts and at all throttle positions
They recommend a 50/50 mix of pump gas and VP C112....my test was on pump gas...so it should be even better with some racegas added.
Gave me a chance to order a alum Hot start nut...much better than the stocker.
All in all I am happy with this mod....for anyone that does not feel comfort in setting their own accel pump duration/wire method this is the way to go and you get the emulsion tube....
as well as all kinds of fun uninstalling and reinstalling a carb :lol: :confused:

• grayracer513

Posted January 15, 2007 - 04:26 PM

How does the jetting/needle selection compare with your old set up?

• 642MX

Posted January 15, 2007 - 04:32 PM

How much did it cost?

• Mighty_Whitey

Posted January 15, 2007 - 04:43 PM

http://www.ziptyraci...spx?id=MTUxOQ==

Comparatively speaking (Tokyo Mods) appears to be a steal of a deal? I wonder if they do the same amount of work?

• Ga426owner

Posted January 15, 2007 - 05:21 PM

How does the jetting/needle selection compare with your old set up?

Grey they recommend a 48 pj, 165-170 mj and a stocker needle 4th clip - I will try my NFLR on it though . also I forgot to pull the leak jet to see what they put in there and the jet in the emulsion tube is a ?? Also guess what...absolutely no popping

cost 100 bucks

• YZ426F Rider

Posted January 15, 2007 - 09:58 PM

How long did they have your carb? Since I am about to do the top end on my 426 it might be a good thing to do while I am working on that.

• Mighty_Whitey

Posted January 15, 2007 - 11:02 PM

I spoke to Zip Ty Racing today and "pending races" the typical turn around time is 4 days.

• fishwater

Posted January 16, 2007 - 04:25 AM

Honestly it really does seem like a deal when you price out a JD Jet kit. I wonder how this compares in performance? I wouldn't mind sending mine out for $100.00, sounds like a great deal to me.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 16, 2007 - 06:15 AM

Honestly it really does seem like a deal when you price out a JD Jet kit. I wonder how this compares in performance? I wouldn't mind sending mine out for $100.00, sounds like a great deal to me.

that was my reasoning to - and they do all the work to set the duration and wire the accel pump as well as a complete carb cleaning
My turnaround was 3 days -
the hardest part is removing and reinstalling the carb -
If you do this - please tell Steve at Zipty you saw this on TT -
:lol:

• Huckster

Posted January 16, 2007 - 09:37 AM

that was my reasoning to - and they do all the work to set the duration and wire the accel pump as well as a complete carb cleaning
My turnaround was 3 days -
the hardest part is removing and reinstalling the carb -
If you do this - please tell Steve at Zipty you saw this on TT -
:lol:

Man your not kidding. I want to send out my carb but I am nervous about being able to get it back on. Just getting at the collar to losen it so i could remove the sub frame was tough. Whats it like trying to get the carb back on? Is this mod worth the time and effort?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 16, 2007 - 10:13 AM

1.5 hp for $100 is pretty damn cheap power, IMO.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 16, 2007 - 10:29 AM

Man your not kidding. I want to send out my carb but I am nervous about being able to get it back on. Just getting at the collar to losen it so i could remove the sub frame was tough. Whats it like trying to get the carb back on? Is this mod worth the time and effort?

Huckster is is not bad. Just be patient. remove gas tank, seat and exhaust side plate. Then Remove the 3 subframe bolts and 2 exhaust bolts, loosen the air boot collar allenhead and pull it up. I removed the frame/engine supports under the seat - 5 bolts. Disconnect TPS at the connector, remove hotstart nut/hotstart and the throttle cables at the carb top and bottom nuts and loosen front carb boot. I also removed the shock 2 bolts and this made it easier to remove the entire carb and reinstall. Took me 15min - :lol:

The trick I found to put it (the subframe boot)back on is a spray of carb cleaner on the airbox boot - slide it on first before attaching the the top of the subframe or the sides...it went right on no problem

• Huckster

Posted January 16, 2007 - 10:47 AM

yea no doubt it seems like a inexpensive way to pep things up a bit.... thanks for the tips.

• fishwater

Posted January 16, 2007 - 12:23 PM

I have to say, I am selling myself on this more & more, keep it up guys :lol:

• Ga426owner

Posted January 16, 2007 - 12:41 PM

The Huckster is pulling his carb as we type......:lol:

• DPW

Posted January 16, 2007 - 04:47 PM

hmm.....thanks for the report. As long as it runs good on pump gas I may be contacting Zip Ty too, especially with all the cruddy weather he are having in TX right now.

• steve_97060

Posted January 16, 2007 - 08:49 PM

After receiving my carb back from ZipTy Racing - I noticed they spot clean it to perfection, much cleaner than I sent, emulsion Tube added, and accel pump wired and reset duration as well as complete new jetting. After installing it and resetting the TPS...I noticed a crisp throttle response as well as it fired up on first kick....(never disconnect your TPS at the carb....yuk that was painful)
Power Test - wow a lot better low and mid - coming out of corners is a new experience as this bike rips...they mention a 1 -1.5 hp increase...I noticed a much better bark for starts and at all throttle positions
They recommend a 50/50 mix of pump gas and VP C112....my test was on pump gas...so it should be even better with some racegas added.
Gave me a chance to order a alum Hot start nut...much better than the stocker.
All in all I am happy with this mod....for anyone that does not feel comfort in setting their own accel pump duration/wire method this is the way to go and you get the emulsion tube....
as well as all kinds of fun uninstalling and reinstalling a carb :lol: :confused:

Ga426owner, what exactly is it they do that increases the HP, is it the AP mod itself that does that? If I already have the 48/170 jet setup are they just going to do the AP mod? Does this mod get rid of the bog on quick throttle twists?

thanks for the info....

• grayracer513

Posted January 16, 2007 - 09:02 PM

The accelerator pump has no effect on running horsepower whatsoever, only on throttle response. It stops working right after the throttle is opened. The power gain comes from the emulsion tube swap and other mods that affect the size of the fuel droplets and the pattern in which they are delivered.

• dwnlowx

Posted January 16, 2007 - 11:52 PM

Well If I Live In Reno Nv High Elevation Will It Be Jetted Corectly Or Should I Send It To Them And Then Put It On The Dyno And Jet It Hmm I Think Im Gonna Pop Her Off Tomorrow Morning Then Send Her In

• Huckster

Posted January 17, 2007 - 07:56 AM

The Huckster is pulling his carb as we type......:confused:

Hey thanks for the advice. That wasnt very hard at all. I just hope it goes back on as easy....:lol:

Did you guys go with the "kit" or just the carb mod? I have to call them today as soon as the open to ask a few questions before I send it out.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.