My first yzf 426

32 replies to this topic
  • sheeks

Posted January 15, 2007 - 11:19 AM

Hi there im new to TT and new to yzf's.,I bought this bike last weekend and i must say i love it,it was reading through this forum that made me get one of these bikes since all of u talk about how much fun they are.
What do u think about my new bike,its an 03 yzf 426:ride: Posted Image
Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted January 15, 2007 - 11:58 AM

Welcome to Thumper Talk.

I'll have to say, that's the first set of purple rims I can remember having seen.

• 30-A rider

Posted January 15, 2007 - 12:05 PM

Nice bike...Im a bike guy...I like all bikes. Purple on the rims is also a first for me as well.

Im not a show guy, Im all about the mechanics of things so graphics, seats, rims etc dont matter to me either way so my opinion doesnt count,,,but those rims with that red sprocket on a blue bike...to be nice Ill just assume the guy who you bought it from is color blind. I wouldnt change them if mechanically they work fine, but if your looking for a thumbs up cosmetically.....Im just not gonna comment. More importantly does it start easily, what does the compression read on a guage, how did the oil and filter look when you changed it?... hope iot all was flawless!

Congrads on the bike..hope you have a blast and it runs greats for you!

• sheeks

Posted January 15, 2007 - 12:11 PM

Cheers for the reply's mates.
The bike starts first kick hot or cold, im not to mechanical aboot bikes this is why i joined this forum to learn about how to do my own services.Yes i have to say when i seen the purple rims i liked them it also has an doma exaust i will post more picturs from other angles l8r.

• YZ426F Rider

Posted January 15, 2007 - 12:21 PM

I think that is a sweet lookin' bike! :lol: Welcome to TT.

Never seen rims that color before...very different and it is definitely not like many of the cookie-cutter modded bikes out there. Better tighten that chain up a bit!

By the way, the last year of the 426 was '02...at least in the US market.

• King_Air

Posted January 15, 2007 - 12:22 PM

Congradulations on the new bike. You may want to check the VIN number. 2002 was the last year Yamaha made the YA426f. If yours is a 03 then it would be a yz450f, I believe. Have fun. This are great bikes.

• bosssmannn

Posted January 15, 2007 - 01:12 PM

I like it :lol: your chain might need to be check looks a little lose from here

• Bigcr

Posted January 15, 2007 - 01:15 PM

Welcome aboard! Riding my friend's 426 is what got me into thumpers in the first place.

• yama02yz250f

Posted January 15, 2007 - 01:49 PM

yeh those are 02 plastics as well. deffinately an not an 03

• sheeks

Posted January 15, 2007 - 02:43 PM

Congradulations on the new bike. You may want to check the VIN number. 2002 was the last year Yamaha made the YA426f. If yours is a 03 then it would be a yz450f, I believe. Have fun. This are great bikes.

hi mate yeh i thought the chain looked a bit slack will look into it,
another thing how do i check the vin mumber is there a search on the net to check the year.
thx for the reply's anyhow.:lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • evomx244

Posted January 15, 2007 - 05:28 PM

Congrats on your 426, very nice bike. they are a blast to ride, I just bought a 2000 426 about a month ago.:lol:

• King_Air

Posted January 16, 2007 - 04:48 AM

Try doing a search for VIN # topics, using the search feature at top of page. Maybe this link will help.

http://www.thumperta...4&highlight=vin

• berudd

Posted January 16, 2007 - 08:33 AM

yeh those are 02 plastics as well. deffinately an not an 03

And it has a manual decompression lever.

• sheeks

Posted January 17, 2007 - 02:13 AM

ok will check the vin number today,u guys will know much better than me but if its an 02 then fair enough.
Thx for the replys

• mxdude12

Posted April 03, 2007 - 08:25 PM

Dude your bike looks pretty badass, minus the purple rims. Don't worry about anybody dissin your skill becuz of them though, cuz if they do, then chunk some roost into their helmet mask. I gotta say man, the bike is sweet...

• cowboyona426

Posted April 03, 2007 - 08:38 PM

And it has a manual decompression lever.

And the most obvious... the oil fill is up by the gas tank.

• grayracer513

Posted April 03, 2007 - 08:43 PM

The ignition cover and the hot start knob on the carb make it rather obvious, too.

• cowboyona426

Posted April 03, 2007 - 08:46 PM

As does the front brake hose routing I suppose. By the way, you may want to move that brake hose back in front of the number plate, I have no idea why someone would have it tucked behind like that.

• grayracer513

Posted April 03, 2007 - 09:09 PM

As does the front brake hose routing I suppose.

No, the '03 and '04 were like that. It's missing the lower hose cover, though.

• norcalmoto

Posted April 03, 2007 - 09:37 PM

exact same bike as mine, deffy an '02. nice bike though. I like the yamaha take graphics, and the shrouds.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.