05 wr 450, popping during decel wi/FMF pipe/header

4 replies to this topic
  • bwsully1

Posted January 14, 2007 - 01:19 PM

quick question for my buddies.... Installed an FMF Powercore and s/s header. Was running 170 m, 48 pj and 1 3/4 turns out on f/m all ran fine with stock exhaust. Put new set on and can't seem to get rid of the decel popping. Have moved needle setting up and down one clip no difference. Also tried running the JD red needle on 4 from the top no real change, even when I'm at 2 3/4 on the f/m. Tuning location Socal, I've read most of those jetting sites, too many combos. Should I buy the Boyesen fuel excel ??

• bwsully1

Posted January 14, 2007 - 02:08 PM

Problem solved, air leak at header flange to head. 170mj, 48 pj and clip 4 seems fine. Time to ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BIG HAL

Posted January 15, 2007 - 07:32 AM

Problem solved, air leak at header flange to head. 170mj, 48 pj and clip 4 seems fine. Time to ride.

I went to a 50 pilot and 175 main..

• Bladerunner426

Posted January 15, 2007 - 08:18 AM

My FMF setup does the same thing. It sucks air in whare the header and midpipe come together. Som High temp silicone under your clamp and you will be fine.

• BIG HAL

Posted January 16, 2007 - 09:03 AM

My FMF setup does the same thing. It sucks air in whare the header and midpipe come together. Som High temp silicone under your clamp and you will be fine.

Dont use silcone... There is a gasket in the head made for this.. silcone wont last and its called RIGGING!!! Dont RIG yer WR...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.