for those that are waiting for there snapon tools

39 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted January 14, 2007 - 09:12 AM

I purchased my bike in october and just got the offer letter saturday in the mail.You have to log in to there website and submit it .I got the impact wrench.I don't know if i would trust a digital torque wrench.

• ethan

Posted January 14, 2007 - 10:53 AM

Where do you ride in El Salvador? I flew down to San Salvador yesterday, and despite the heat, it seemed like an awesome place to ride. Do they have any organized racing down there?

• Smokeslider

Posted January 14, 2007 - 01:08 PM

Do you trust your vehicle's Temp Guage? Why wouldn't you trust a digital tool from a trusted company?

• steve_97060

Posted January 14, 2007 - 02:02 PM

Do you trust your vehicle's Temp Guage? Why wouldn't you trust a digital tool from a trusted company?

I was wondering the same thing...

• Texas30

Posted January 14, 2007 - 02:43 PM

I purchased my bike in october and just got the offer letter saturday in the mail.You have to log in to there website and submit it .I got the impact wrench.I don't know if i would trust a digital torque wrench.

Could you post the website? I got zero info from the dealer I bought my bike from.

Thanks..................

• moto2000

Posted January 14, 2007 - 03:00 PM

My dealer took care of signing me up for the torque wrench. :lol:

It took about 8 weeks for it to arrive.

• Smokeslider

Posted January 14, 2007 - 05:35 PM

Your Dealer should do all of the ground work for you, if they haven't, call them and ask them about it, then give yamaha a call and let them know as well.

• twenty34

Posted January 14, 2007 - 06:54 PM

Could you post the website? I got zero info from the dealer I bought my bike from.

Thanks..................

Me too...Zero!

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/yzwrsnapon

• grayracer513

Posted January 14, 2007 - 08:30 PM

Where do you ride in El Salvador? I flew down to San Salvador yesterday, and despite the heat, it seemed like an awesome place to ride. Do they have any organized racing down there?

Kyle is in Kansas, actually.

As a professional mechanic for well over 30 years, let me just say that if you can't trust a Snap-On torque wrench, you can't trust anything, including the test equipment used to calibrate torque wrenches.

• kyle450rider

Posted January 14, 2007 - 09:18 PM

I'm not there dude i just put that down as a goof!Sorry for misleading you.When i bought my bike they said nothing about the snapon offer.I heard about it much later.I sent them an email and got something from yamaha about 2 weeks later.Here is the link to the page where you submit the info.
https://www.yamaha-m...napOnClaim.aspx
I'm sure the digital wrench is the bomb,but i still like the click i get from my craftsmen.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • red7

Posted January 14, 2007 - 11:28 PM

The dealer took care of mine for me. I opted for the torque wrench.

• Bill Clough221

Posted January 15, 2007 - 01:41 PM

I had the same problem. I bought an '07 YZ450F and my dealer knew nothing about the Snap On program. He strung me along for a month after several phone calls and I finally called someone at Yamaha Corp HQ and they were very helpful. They called the dealer for me and explained how the program works. Apparently, all dealers do not participate in the program which is why some of them don't have a clue. In any case, my salesman filled out the appropriate forms and my digital torque wrench should be on its way to me in 6 - 8 weeks....

• WB450

Posted January 15, 2007 - 03:22 PM

Bought mine in November, got my wrench a month ago. No web site BS involved, just came to my house.:lol:

• Texas30

Posted January 15, 2007 - 03:38 PM

I'm not there dude i just put that down as a goof!Sorry for misleading you.When i bought my bike they said nothing about the snapon offer.I heard about it much later.I sent them an email and got something from yamaha about 2 weeks later.Here is the link to the page where you submit the info.
https://www.yamaha-m...napOnClaim.aspx
I'm sure the digital wrench is the bomb,but i still like the click i get from my craftsmen.

• kyle450rider

Posted January 15, 2007 - 05:03 PM

Bought mine in November, got my wrench a month ago. No web site BS involved, just came to my house.:lol:

Yah,i don't think that my dealer participated in the program.I'm just happy that i'm getting the tool.I didn't feel to bad about not getting it considering what i paid for my bike,but it's always nice to get something free.

• red7

Posted January 15, 2007 - 08:26 PM

Just curious, those who chose the torque wrench and already received it, how do you like it? I thought of the impact but have never needed a cordless impact on my bikes whereas I'm always needing to torque things.

• kawi4kev

Posted January 15, 2007 - 09:23 PM

Unless you are an engine builder, a typical beam type torque wrench is more than adequate for the basic nuts and bolts you'll most likely be working with.
I'm curious if the cordless impact is a 12v or ?? These work great for so many things....like lowering and raising the scissor jacks on most toy haulers.....home projects....etc...

• Bigcr

Posted January 15, 2007 - 09:45 PM

I got the torque wrench and love it! I used to routinely break bolts and nuts from twisting them too tight.........After having lifted weights for 20 years, I have to be VERY careful even opening doors.

• BeauGt

Posted January 16, 2007 - 08:33 AM

LOL that is the funniest thing I have read on here yet. BTW Do not come to my house I like my doors the way they are.:lol: :confused:

• WB450

Posted January 16, 2007 - 08:43 AM

Yah,i don't think that my dealer participated in the program.I'm just happy that i'm getting the tool.I didn't feel to bad about not getting it considering what i paid for my bike,but it's always nice to get something free.

Contact Yamaha, it was a factory thing, not a dealer thing.

OOPS! I re read your post.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.