HRC Plug

5 replies to this topic
  • daddyk

Posted January 13, 2007 - 02:33 PM

I have an XR600 with the full HRC kit. The recomended spark plug is a NGK R 216-10, kinda hard to find. This plug dosen't extend into the combustion chamber as much as the stock NGK. I haven't found a source for the racing plug and I like to carry a spare plug just cause your suppose to. Anyone know if it's required to use the racing plug because of valve,cam,piston clearance issues and if it is, a source for them?Thanks.

• Jon-D

Posted January 13, 2007 - 05:41 PM

Does that kit come with a high compression piston? If it does, I would guess that the reason for the recessed plug is so that the piston does not hit the plug. This being the case, one possible solution is to run extra washers on the stock plug in order to meet the clearance. You can measure your stock plug and compare to the recommended HRC plug to figure out how many spacers you will need. Make sure you get a good seal between the plug and the head.

• daddyk

Posted January 14, 2007 - 09:04 AM

Thanks for the response. Yes it has the 10.6 to 1 piston and higher lift cam. I never considered a extra washer,that would be just about right. I'd like to get a new one have found one spot on the web but you really have to want a spark plug to pay $29.99 a piece

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted January 14, 2007 - 04:19 PM

daddyk, Is this an iridium tipped plug? If so they simply do not fail and are generally $15 or less, if its not an iridium plug $4 is all it should cost. Also have you tried cross-referencing the NGK part#? You can give Kamell at xrs only a call he is very good with parts for the HRC equipped XR's you can reach him at 760-244-2626 or at rideaide@hotmail.com :lol:

• daddyk

Posted January 14, 2007 - 07:11 PM

No it's not iridium. It's from before they came up with that. 90's technology. It's a recessed center electrode and the side electrode comes out at about a 45 degree angle.It cross refrences to a Champion A57R and I found a place that has them for $12.74 so I could try them. I'll try XRs also to see what they have. Thanks.

• creeky

Posted January 14, 2007 - 07:47 PM

No it's not iridium. It's from before they came up with that. 90's technology. It's a recessed center electrode and the side electrode comes out at about a 45 degree angle.It cross refrences to a Champion A57R and I found a place that has them for $12.74 so I could try them. I'll try XRs also to see what they have. Thanks.

I have used the Champion A57R in an HRC 628 that I used to have, it worked well for me.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.