How will the 96 dB insert affect my jetting?

4 replies to this topic
  • NorCal

Posted January 13, 2007 - 12:30 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm running a stock exhaust system with a Pro Moto Billet spark arrestor on my 2006 YZ450. My jetting is at 168 main, 48 pilot, and 1 3/4 turns out on the fuel mixture screw. I'm going to get the 96 dB insert from PMB. What will I have to do in order to properly jet my bike? How much power will I lose? Will it be noticable?

Thanks in advance,
-Nick

• bellec

Posted January 13, 2007 - 03:04 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm running a stock exhaust system with a Pro Moto Billet spark arrestor on my 2006 YZ450. My jetting is at 168 main, 48 pilot, and 1 3/4 turns out on the fuel mixture screw. I'm going to get the 96 dB insert from PMB. What will I have to do in order to properly jet my bike? How much power will I lose? Will it be noticable?

Thanks in advance,
-Nick

Nick,

I have a CRF450R with a Pro Moto Billet spark arrestor and I go back and forth with the 96 db insert, with out any jetting issues. If your bike runs fine now, I doubt you'll need to change your jetting. Only place you notice it is a little on the top end. So woods type riding I'll have the insert in or areas where I'm going to be around a lot of people. I'll pull out the insert in open desert where I'll be in the middle of nowhere and need that little extra boost for those sand climbs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NorCal

Posted January 13, 2007 - 04:00 PM

Nick,

I have a CRF450R with a Pro Moto Billet spark arrestor and I go back and forth with the 96 db insert, with out any jetting issues. If your bike runs fine now, I doubt you'll need to change your jetting. Only place you notice it is a little on the top end. So woods type riding I'll have the insert in or areas where I'm going to be around a lot of people. I'll pull out the insert in open desert where I'll be in the middle of nowhere and need that little extra boost for those sand climbs.

Jeez... didn't expect that from you. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

• bellec

Posted January 13, 2007 - 04:22 PM

Jeez... didn't expect that from you. Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Nick,

You’re very articulate with your words, and your rekluse review was good, the only issue I had with it is when you insulted the people who use it. You shouldn't need to go there. A rekluse is not for everyone:prof:

Enjoy your PMB quiet insert, they do a very good job with their products. I have their kick stand as well and love it.

• NorCal

Posted January 13, 2007 - 04:55 PM

Nick,

You’re very articulate with your words, and your rekluse review was good, the only issue I had with it is when you insulted the people who use it. You shouldn't need to go there. A rekluse is not for everyone:prof:

Enjoy your PMB quiet insert, they do a very good job with their products. I have their kick stand as well and love it.

My fault. I didn't mean to be so harsh.

One more question about that PMB quiet insert:

Bellec mentioned I didn't have to do anything to my jetting. Even though I'm lacking knowledge in the jetting department, it seems like you could benefit by atleast adjusting the fuel mixture screw in or out several quarter turns.:lol: Is that correct? If so, what direction would you go and how many turns?

Thanks,
Nick

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.