Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Signal Mirrors

Got some cool additions to my bike. I now have two setups and takes about 30 mins. to change. Tha Vapor speedo isn't in yet.

• Nailpounder

Posted January 13, 2007 - 01:32 PM

That's got to be the nicest 650L I've seen. Sweet.......

• XRsteve

Posted January 13, 2007 - 05:16 PM

Where did you get that rotor?! I didn't think they were available.

• kelleyseiler

Posted January 13, 2007 - 06:37 PM

Got the rotor from Motostrano

• frankstr

Posted January 13, 2007 - 06:39 PM

Nice looking ride, :lol: :confused:

:crazy: :lol:

• dukeryder

Posted January 15, 2007 - 09:08 PM

Where did you get that rotor?! I didn't think they were available.

He's probably not running the STOCK Hubs. Motostrano sells you a XRR wheel 'cause the XR650R front wheel will work on the L and Rotors are plentiful for the XRR. MAP Engineering are the only ones selling a XR650L front rotor and it's $365.

I have a Mysterious EBC rotor on my bike. I needed replacement parts and none are available (buttons/wave washers). I bought some Buttons off of someone on here that didn't work but I got the wave washers to sorta work.

BTW that's a clean looking L! Mine looked like that once, then I went black.

• adam574

Posted January 15, 2007 - 09:31 PM

what fork brace is that?

• TDC71

Posted January 15, 2007 - 09:34 PM

Hey Kelleyseiler where did you get the mirrors?Those look way nicer than stock.

Todd

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kelleyseiler

Posted January 16, 2007 - 06:20 AM

The hubs are Talon hubs. The Mirrors are from Speedzilla and have the turn signal in them. The brace is a Superbrace. Thanks!

• InternalCombustion

Posted January 16, 2007 - 06:50 AM

He's probably not running the STOCK Hubs. Motostrano sells you a XRR wheel 'cause the XR650R front wheel will work on the L and Rotors are plentiful for the XRR. MAP Engineering are the only ones selling a XR650L front rotor and it's $365.

I have a Mysterious EBC rotor on my bike. I needed replacement parts and none are available (buttons/wave washers). I bought some Buttons off of someone on here that didn't work but I got the wave washers to sorta work.

BTW that's a clean looking L! Mine looked like that once, then I went black.

dukeryder,

Stupid-question-of-the-day: How do you change out those buttons and wave washers? I got an extra set of red-anodized buttons when I bought my EBC 320 and want to swap out the silver buttons that were originally installed. Any tricks to doing this, without sacrificing 3 or 4 fingernails and a few ounces of skin?

Thanks.

• InternalCombustion

Posted January 16, 2007 - 06:54 AM

kelleyseiler,

Super-sweet ride. Awesome. That bike will definitely be turning heads.

Please give us an installer-user report on the Vapor, when you get it on the bike.

Ride safe.

• kelleyseiler

Posted January 16, 2007 - 06:58 AM

dukeryder,

Stupid-question-of-the-day: How do you change out those buttons and wave washers? I got an extra set of red-anodized buttons when I bought my EBC 320 and want to swap out the silver buttons that were originally installed. Any tricks to doing this, without sacrificing 3 or 4 fingernails and a few ounces of skin?

Thanks.

Push down and turn on the curved washer is what the instructions say.

• mgs781

Posted January 16, 2007 - 07:26 AM

It is easy to get carried away.

http://www.thumperta...achmentid=13913

MGS

• jetfuel

Posted January 16, 2007 - 03:31 PM

Great job!!!! :lol: just curious, after all the upgrades why did you keep the smog pump???

• kelleyseiler

Posted January 16, 2007 - 03:58 PM

Great job!!!! :lol: just curious, after all the upgrades why did you keep the smog pump???

It will come off soon. Just wasnt a big concern.

• dukeryder

Posted January 17, 2007 - 06:50 PM

dukeryder,

Thanks.

My buttons were held on with little Circlips (Crescent shapped with raised sides that sort of Snap on to the button). I justed pryed them out GENTLY with a small slotted screw driver and then squeezed 'em back on with some pliers (again GENTLY).

I wish I could find the appropriate sized Wave washers but they aren't available :lol: I went through Grainger but they were either too big or just a hair too small and Fastenal didn't even have anysizes close.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.