Best flag mount bracket for the YZ 450?

11 replies to this topic
  • TX-SANDMAN

Posted January 12, 2007 - 08:20 PM

I have found three flag mounting brackets - Hines Racing, Flickwhip, and Advance Rec Products. I am going to buy one of these and just wanted to hear from the dune regulars on which one you might prefer.

I only ride in the Dunes once or twice a year so I do want to place the hole in my rear fender of my 04 YZ450:ride:.

We are going to Little Sahara on OK in about 3 weeks.:lol:

• Kyle Prior

Posted January 12, 2007 - 08:30 PM

I cut the flag in half, and zip-tie it to my roost protector. Works like a charm, you dont feel it, and it has better visibility for others to see it.

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted January 12, 2007 - 08:44 PM

I cut the flag in half, and zip-tie it to my roost protector. Works like a charm, you dont feel it, and it has better visibility for others to see it.

I use the same method. Actually, it was you who "borrowed" the idea off of me, wasn't it? :lol:

Any time I used a whip mount it always snapped off, and I'd have to go back to the campsite to get another flag and install it. PITA.

• TX-SANDMAN

Posted January 12, 2007 - 09:02 PM

I called up to Little Sahara about two years ago to ask if the flag could be mounted to the rider and they said "welllll I think it has to mounted to the machine"

I will call up there again and find out. It would be much better than a bike mount.

• 04drz4okla

Posted January 12, 2007 - 09:33 PM

Little Sahara rule is whip has to be 10 ft from ground to tip. They have a bar at thte entrance that flag must hit before you go on dunes. For mine , i bought a flag mount from store there , and used hose clamps to mount to drz frame , and borrowed a flag, I can post a picture if you like. When are you going? It is fun there, more wheels is more fun though, my trip there made me want a quad. Park office number is 580-824-1471

• TX-SANDMAN

Posted January 12, 2007 - 09:58 PM

We will be there Feb 5th and 6th ... We like to ride when the park is less crowded. Come on down with your DRZ (i have one too). We are medium hard core duners. We also ride in West Texas where there are not flags required.

I had a paddle last year on my wr400 but I am going to try the new Pirelli Scorpion because I can also use it on the track here locally.

Paddles are only good for straight lines and wheelies. We plan a little more carving this trip.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TX-SANDMAN

Posted January 12, 2007 - 10:11 PM

Actual it is the Pirelli MT410 but I can not find it so they must have changed its name.

• 04drz4okla

Posted January 12, 2007 - 10:46 PM

When i went I had Kenda Trackmasters II on bike, under advice of others I kept lowering air pressure in both tires, esp the front. For "more then straight line and wheelies " and "more carving" they do have trails around the dunes, mostly sand duh? lol The paddle tires, to me it was funny to see the paddle tired vehicles on the road to dunes boing boinging along lol

• Kyle Prior

Posted January 13, 2007 - 11:49 AM

I dont get the whole mounted on machine thing, because once you get any sort of speed, the flag bends back and loses all height. On the rider, it stays stiff, and sits up higher.

• AlkalineOne

Posted January 14, 2007 - 10:20 AM

ever heard of the HRF whip mount?? that what i use, and havnt had a problem yet, only way to snap this whip is by flipping your bike... check it out!

for some reason i cant insert a link for the page, but the web url is (hines racingf) .com without any spaces.

• MBrider426

Posted January 14, 2007 - 05:51 PM

I don't waste the money for a fance flag mount. Just go and buy a metal strap from the local hardware store and put a couple bends in it. I mount mine behind my side number plate off of a bolt holding my rear fender and it works great. nice and high, couple bucks, and a little oakie engineering and it has lasted 5 + trips to the dunes. :lol:

• AlkalineOne

Posted January 17, 2007 - 06:08 PM

I don't waste the money for a fance flag mount. Just go and buy a metal strap from the local hardware store and put a couple bends in it. I mount mine behind my side number plate off of a bolt holding my rear fender and it works great. nice and high, couple bucks, and a little oakie engineering and it has lasted 5 + trips to the dunes. :lol:

But i bet it's ugly!!!!!

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.