NEW..... and have some questions

6 replies to this topic
  • Jman955i

Posted January 12, 2007 - 06:49 PM

I new to the dirt bike side of things, I Have a 650L and was wondering if anybody out there would know if the aftermarket fuel tanks for the 650R would bolt up on the 650L. I tried to do a search on here to see if any one has made a list up on any parts that are interchangable on the L and R models, but couldnt come up with anything. I know that the motors are completely different, how about wheels, suspension, brakes, exhaust, seats, etc. Any help on this would be helpful.
Thanks Josh.

• cleonard

Posted January 12, 2007 - 08:25 PM

The bikes are basically completely different. This includes the tanks. That the reason you found nothing in your searches.

• oregon_rider

Posted January 12, 2007 - 08:51 PM

http://www.clarkemfg...ode=honda xr/xl

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clipity

Posted January 13, 2007 - 12:11 AM

Check this out not an after market but cool anyhow. http://www.aloop.com...update_page.htm

• Jman955i

Posted January 13, 2007 - 06:50 AM

Check this out not an after market but cool anyhow. http://www.aloop.com...update_page.htm

Thats pretty cool but its going in the oppsite direction that I'm wanting to go. I'm looking for a larger tank. Oregon Rider suggested a 4.0 gallon tank Which is what i'm looking for or a 6 gallon. But I was trying to purchase a used tank instead.

So that the tanks dosent match how about the suspension and wheels and brake system.

• frankstr

Posted January 13, 2007 - 06:59 AM

Welcome aboard,Thumpertalk, Jman955i and Clipity, :lol:

:confused: :crazy:

• cleonard

Posted January 13, 2007 - 10:03 AM

Thats pretty cool but its going in the oppsite direction that I'm wanting to go. I'm looking for a larger tank. Oregon Rider suggested a 4.0 gallon tank Which is what i'm looking for or a 6 gallon. But I was trying to purchase a used tank instead.

So that the tanks dosent match how about the suspension and wheels and brake system.

Used tanks are rather hard to find. They do show up from time to time, but the price is usually a pretty good fraction of a new one. Acerbis makes a 6 gallon tank. It is the most expensive at $220 or so. Clarke is the least expensive. I think that they make 4 and a 5 gallon sizes. The cost is lower at closer to $150. IMS also makes a tank.

The bike that is very close to the XR650L is the XR600R, not the XR650R.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.