07 JD jet kit

3 replies to this topic
  • krony506

Posted January 12, 2007 - 12:04 PM

Is anyone using this kit in there 07? Let me know your thoughts.

• YamaHonda

Posted January 12, 2007 - 02:37 PM

I have it sitting on my workbench. Its too cold to venture out in the garage right now. I'm wondering if the AP bands they include are really necessary, or are a "nice to have" if you looking for quicker throttle response. I wasn't planning on messing with the AP unless I felt there was an issue with the stock set-up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamieRider411

Posted January 15, 2007 - 08:09 AM

It's sitting on my work bench as well... I put a white bros fuel screw in and the bike runs great. I will probably start working on my cab settings next month before race season...

• kawi4kev

Posted January 15, 2007 - 09:35 PM

I just put mine in Friday night....in the freezing cold garage! Rode on Sunday....the bike flat rips now!! Use the thicker o-ring, it definitely makes a difference on instant throttle twist. I've installed this kit for a friend on his Honda with the same result. The thicker o-ring allows the accelerator pump to forcefully 'push/pull' the fuel through the orifice on quick throttle twists. This mod really works: you can add an o-ring on almost any of these without any other modifications and notice the difference. Don't skip this step!
P.S. using my sons log-in...he rides the Kawi....I ride the Yamahas!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.